Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Reciprocity replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Radish
  2. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  3. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  4. Hey! Thanks Guys & Gals!! Appreciate your well wishes. For all you other newbies here (yes, I still consider myself a newbie for now), you always wonder what it's like being 2 months, three months or whatever free of smoking well, here's where things stand for me at the moment. Month 4 was not remarkably different from month 3 for me. A little smoother I guess but no huge change that I can point a finger to. Month 1 for me was a real challenge for most of that month anyway and in particular week 1 was just horrible!! Month 2 was up and down and I never knew on waking up in the morning what I was going to get - good or bad - lol. Things smoothed out quite a bit in month 3 for me and has been that way ever since. There is still some progression but it's almost imperceptible because it is a very slow progression but quite easy to deal with now because any thoughts of smoking are so much easier to deal with now. They are not as intense and much easier to just distract your mind to something else until you just forget about whatever thought you were having. I feel I'm sort of at a halfway point now. I still have thoughts of smoking and still have a craving to smoke at times, although it's a lot weaker than what it was in prior months. But when I really think about smoking I remember the way it would tighten up my lungs and how I would have that constant annoying smokers cough and the heavy taste of smoke in my mouth and I think -Yuk! I don't want to smoke! I actually really don't want to smoke. So that's why I figure I'm half way. Half way between wanting to smoke and not wanting to smoke. Kind of looking forward to see where I'm at by 6 months actually. I think I should be in pretty good shape by then. Sorry for the long-winder post but I thought some others with only a week or 2 or 3 in might be interested in my journey so far :)
  5. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    You win - lol
  6. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Hey, even I know who this is :)
  7. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  8. ^^ This! Describes him perfectly - thanks :)
  9. So; it's been quite the fuckin day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother, who is in his 60's, disowned me today by text message on my phone. Told me he never wants to speak to me again. What the Fukc????? He and our 97 year old mother live in the same community about 1,200 km (750 miles) away from me. Sounds like they had some sort of dust up yesterday and he's blaming me for what ever happened. Sounded like mother won't talk to him about something and just mentioned my name and "what I've done" ?? I don't even know what that means! But what the Fukc! Are you 12 years old??? "Mom likes you better than me so now I'm mad at you!" I think I might need your assistance here Marti cuz I just can't think of enough swear words right now to do this situation justice. You can pick your friends; you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your fuckin relatives!! OK - Rant Over (Fukc!!)
  10. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  11. Reciprocity replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    (Both are fun but don't do either if you're drinking - lol) Pub Crawl Popcorn or Chips
  12. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  13. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  14. Hi ish! I saw you posting in the Nope thread yesterday and today. Keep doing that each and every day. It's important to commit to yourself every day that you will not take another puff from a cigarette - ever. There are so many benefits when you really commit to quitting and there are no good reasons to continue to smoke. Smoking is just an endless loop of feeding your addiction to nicotine and serves no other purpose for you. The craving or urge to smoke will be with you for a while just because smoking is ingrained into almost everything you do daily. Only takes a few days for nicotine to be out of your body but it takes longer to reprogram your mind to not look to smoking as a stress reliever, a reward system for good and bad events in your life. The process is unfortunately slower than we would all like but I promise you it does happen for everyone providing you do not smoke. That's the key to it all - just don't smoke. It takes guts and will power to quit but it is totally possible. As Boo said, you need to do this for yourself though, not someone else.
  15. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Chicks will be pissed - lol +0
  16. Nice welcome back win Boo - lol
  17. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    20!! Nice win BOO - Welcome Back!!
  18. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    18 I'm out of insulting gifs so you're gonna have to post them up Boo lol
  19. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    16
  20. Reciprocity replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    horror Jet Ski or Snowmobile
  21. Reciprocity replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Eggroll
  22. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    ??? Dying to know .......................
  23. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    14

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.