Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Susana

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Susana

  1. Copying and pasting from facebook is the easiest way. But they show HUGE... If somebody knows how to make them smaller.... Tracey looks great in close-ups but I´d rather chop an arm than to post a facebook pic of my face here at that size... Come on... anybody?
  2. -7 Good morning!
  3. Hahahahaha! See what you miss when you disappear for a couple of weeks? la-la-la-la-laaaaaa :biggrin:
  4. I tell you what: I had a bit of a difficult afternoon/evening. I came here with the intention of posting another "doom and gloom" post, but I started reading, and laughing, and laughing even more.... Laughing is the best anti-craving antidote. We may be all nuts, but we are non-smoking nuts. And it is contagious. :crazy:
  5. Good night! -7 Bakon busy huh?
  6. I bet you are over the moon that you are healthy and full of energy and smelling nice now... look at the little fella´s face. Gorgeous!
  7. Jimmy will pick us up from NY (I´m driving from there to Ohio) and Tracey will be waiting with a pitcher of Pimm´s... it´s going to be fab fab fab :ok:
  8. Jackie!!!! of course you are in Scotland! You´ll take the private jet from LHR to JFK with the rest of the Europeans... we have placed an in-flight order for Chablis, Sauvignon blanc and beer... any particular requests my dear?
  9. Shhhhh... it´s Bakon :unknw:
  10. Why don´t you ride Batman? I´d love to meet him!
  11. I can´t find the vent thread... this must be the new vent thread... OK. I´m so pissed at... never finding any shoes on the sale! I made the mistake of going out in high heels this morning (this quitting smoking thing is really affecting my common sense). By midday I was almost in tears and determined to buy myself a pair of flat pumps. I went to every shop in the village and they didn´t have anything in size 38. Size 36.... millions of lovely leather comfy trendy shoes. Size 41... millions of super-duper shoes. Size 38? Nothing. Nihil. Zilch. Nada. Zero. Niente. Tomorrow I will be wearing sensible footwear for work: flip-flops :girl_wink:
  12. My cat is called Molly. The other one is called Bubbles... just sayin´
  13. How do you pronounce this?
  14. Shhhhhhhh! Let´s get out of here gals.... this was a "male" thread :bb: :aggressive: :bb: :dirol:
  15. so from Europe: Marti, Suebedoo, El Bandito, Action, myself... who else? I´m assuming that Tracey will be the hostess and will already be there waiting for us with a tray of cupcakes and a pitcher of Pimm´s.... :yes:
  16. OY!!!! You are highjacking Tiffany´s thread! :acute:
  17. That was me a month ago. I started getting through 2 packs if I started in the morning, went to work and then went out at night. Then the morning after I would feel really sick, smelly, hungover, and fed up with it. So I started getting ready. - Mindful smoking: I didn´t just smoke for the sake of smoking. I would taste it, feel the smoke going down my throat, feel it coming out of my nose (yes, on purpose). Smell it. Smell my hands. Sense how I felt physically and mentally. - I read Allen Carr´s book for the n´th time. Believing it. Letting it convince me. Letting it in. - I read all the Newbie pack here. Some new posts that I had missed (like Babs´ "Excuses"). I read this forum, and any other forum I knew of. - For about one week I would read positive posts, celebrations, social interaction (people who are in the same boat chasing the same dream and having a good time whilst at it). I wanted to WANT to quit. - I remembered how good it felt to be part of that boat. - I set a quit date, because otherwise I would procrastinate and never quit (again, Babs´s "Excuses" hit me on the head) - I finally signed and posted one week before my quit date. However I didn´t allow myself to post in "social" until I was quit. If I wanted fun I would have to earn it. Ha. And a couple of days before my quit date I felt ready, and quit. And the rest if history. It is just how I did it. I was terrified of jumping, terrified of failing, and this "focusing on the positive" seems to have worked for me. Are you putting a plan together? Maybe we can help you from here? Just don´t give up giving up, huh? :give_heart:
  18. Good evening, Paul (it´s past 5pm here now) -5
  19. Aft´noon! -5
  20. We´ll get our own private jet from Heathrow and jump over the pond in style. Who is coming from Europe? You, Stu, Sue, myself... let´s stock it with nice white wine for the journey!
  21. Can I drive? :girl_crazy: Can I drive? :girl_crazy: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeez! :girl_smile:
  22. Susana replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    I steal lemons from the farms on the other side of the motorway. And I have pictures to prove it
  23. HAVE A GREAT NON-SMOKING BIRTHDAY!!!!! :give_heart:
  24. Tiffany!!!! :give_heart2: You shouldn´t feel sorry at all, you should feel PROUD OF YOURSELF! You are tackling those issues that may be interfering with your quit. Talking about them. Listening to other people´s views on these issues (people who love you, by the way, and want to see you succeed). Finding ways to strengthen your resolve day by day. Well done you for being honest with yourself! What you did yesterday was amazing. To be so honest with yourself, to explain how you feel and to let us see where the difficulties reside and try and give you ideas on how to sort out these difficulties, was enough reason to feel good. Well done you for tackling difficult issues openly! I don´t know if we helped you or not. Only you know deep down if you have a clearer idea of where you are at after yesterday´s conversation. I hope we did. Also, you may have helped other people too, who may have had the same thoughts and the same doubts but didn´t know how to express them or are not registered here but are reading, or simply were not brave enough to face those thoughts in the first place. Well done you for being so brave! Nothing to be sorry for. Be proud of yourself. I am proud of you. :good:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.