Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why we have a NOPE thread..!!!!

Featured Replies

What it says is..Not One Puff Ever..

We take quitting one day at as time..you don't have to worry about the time that follows..

Taking the daily pledge is a promise to yourself ,you won't smoke just for that day...

Just concentrate on the next 24 hours...

Soon enough the days turn into weeks,into months ,and finally years...

So why do I still pledge with years behind me...?????

To support the folks who still need to pledge ..newbies...and to remind me...

It only takes one puff..to lose my previous quit...

Anyone who is wanting and thinking about quitting..just join us in a NOPE !!!

It's important to understand that the daily NOPE pledge is not done in some begrudging manner.  It is not some reluctant statement along the lines of "I don't get to smoke today."  Hell no.  We put that behind us.  I view the daily pledge as a defiant and victorious statement of freedom from the chains that once bound us.  I won't smoke today because I made a commitment to myself.  I won't smoke today because I don't have to anymore.  I won't smoke today because I'm free.

 

NOPE!

200.gif

I am proud to be able to pledge NOPE every day. I feel fortunate to have found this site and all the educational information it offers about this addiction. It also represents basically what I was doing inside my head every day when I first quit and before I joined the site so it makes perfect sense that I would just formalize that pledge daily. And, lastly, as Doreen said, it's an acknowledgement to myself that just one puff on any given day could destroy all the hard work I have done and put my own personal health at greater risk once again and I don't want either of those things - NOPE!

NOPE saved my quit on many occasions.  :) It's really the foundation of building a smoke free life.  Hope to see more and more people take the daily pledge.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.