Exercise Feels Good When You're a Non-smoker

sezwho

Hey Everyone,

Just realised it's been 3 months since I posted here! Where did that time go? You guys helped me back in June at about 2 months quit and now I'll be 5 months quit tomorrow! Woo Hoo! Go me!

I've been in my garden a lot lately. Digging and planting and burning off the accumulated wood that came floating down in a flood a few months ago.

I would never have been able to do this much physical work as a smoker. 

And doesn't it feel so good to exercise! Instead of feeling like you will have a heart attack, it makes you feel stronger! You puff and breathe deeply but you don't cough. 

I'm celebrating how fresh the world is. 

Isn't it wonderful being a non-smoker.

How are you guys doing? 

• Like 5

Hi SezWho..great to see you here.!!!!!

Wow 5 months already...

It's Amazin how much energy we gain ,when we quit..I feel at least 20 years younger...

I love not feeling sluggish anymore...I used to drag myself about..

Thanks for the reminder...it is wonderful..your right !!!

• Like 3

And doesn't it feel so good to exercise! Instead of feeling like you will have a heart attack, it makes you feel stronger! You puff and breathe deeply but you don't cough. 

Preach it!

You quit smoking.  Start feeling better which leads to more physical activity.  More physical activity leads to you feeling even better.  There is a kind of physical compounding effect that takes place when you quit.  Strength begets strength.  Energy begets energy.

Movement is medicine.

• Like 4

Good for you sez.  Your exercise ability will steadily get even better as the months accumulate.

I just earned a "Canyon Badge" on Fitbit.  That's for climbing 400 floors (on an actual stairwell) in one day.  NEVER could have done even 40 in a day when I was smoking.

Congrats on 5 months!!!

• Like 2

Hi Dee, the physical rewards of not smoking are great, it’s good to remember them and remind others too. I'm on some sort of no-nicotine high lately, but maybe it's the exercise!

Yeah DoreensFree, we’re catching the quit train to energy city! You just don’t realise when you smoke how much it stops you doing other things.

PeaceTrain, You can definitely look forward to better times coming. It feels like the brain haze clears a little bit more each passing month. I think after about 3-4 months it somehow starts getting a bit easier, sort of like nicotine gives up on you a bit, and you start thinking, oh well even if it’s hard some days or I still think about smoking a lot, this is already much better than smoking.

The best thing I’ve found recently is you start to get these times where you just feel joyful for no other reason than you are a non-smoker! The feeling starts to happen more often and it’s so lovely. I wonder if that is us reclaiming our dopamine brain receptors or something like that. Nicotine had hijacked them all and they weren’t available for any other things, and then they slowly start to heal and one by one they start firing naturally again and shout out to share their joy of existing free from chemical enslavement!  That is what I like to picture happening whenever I have that feeling. 

But it gets better so slowly it’s hard to see the changes day to day. The world is slowly becoming fresher and clearer, or something like that. It’s like the lies of nicotine addiction cloud your vision of the world and little by little it goes away. Don’t know if that makes sense but I know what I mean

Thanks Boo, that inspires me to do more moving and get fitter and stronger!

Hey good on you BKP. 40 floors sounds like a small mountain or something! Smokers and stairs don’t get along very well.   

• Like 4