Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maybe or just dumb

Featured Replies

This is going to be where you can get an opinion on an idea

 

Maybe it's good, will work, is worth more thought

 

Or it's just dumb. No reason to continue and should end here.

 

After any post state your opinion and any arguments necessary or don't. Just say thumbs up or like we normally do...blast it.

  • Author

#1. I was thinking of saving more money by eating out less however with my shifts we don't really spend a lot except on my days off. Being just two of us, don't save much eating at home either. Probably wrong on that as a steak dinner is $20-30 and can buy two steaks for less but then there is the other things to go along with the meal. And time. And clean up.

  • Author

#2. Going to retire in five years. Wife says I need a part time job. I say Home Depot in the paint section. Everyone leaves happy with their can, it's the work after they hate. Also easy to flip a switch to turn on mixer, open can and say "is that the color your want" hit the can closed with rubber hammer and offer a stir stick as they walk away. Any complaints, mix them another and ask twice if it's the color they want. Any down side?

#2. Going to retire in five years. Wife says I need a part time job. I say Home Depot in the paint section. Everyone leaves happy with their can, it's the work after they hate. Also easy to flip a switch to turn on mixer, open can and say "is that the color your want" hit the can closed with rubber hammer and offer a stir stick as they walk away. Any complaints, mix them another and ask twice if it's the color they want. Any down side?

I see you better suited for other things...Such a a flip flop salesman... :)

#2. Going to retire in five years. Wife says I need a part time job. I say Home Depot in the paint section. Everyone leaves happy with their can, it's the work after they hate. Also easy to flip a switch to turn on mixer, open can and say "is that the color your want" hit the can closed with rubber hammer and offer a stir stick as they walk away. Any complaints, mix them another and ask twice if it's the color they want. Any down side?

There's an opening for a window cleaner on the Short Bus :P

#1. I was thinking of saving more money by eating out less however with my shifts we don't really spend a lot except on my days off. Being just two of us, don't save much eating at home either. Probably wrong on that as a steak dinner is $20-30 and can buy two steaks for less but then there is the other things to go along with the meal. And time. And clean up.

Worth more thought. Depends on a bunch of stuff. Do you like cooking? Do you hate it? Can you cook a bunch of meals once a week and freeze them? What's your time worth - start with hourly rate - worth spending x number of hours + grocery cost on shopping/prep/cooking/clean up or cheaper to go out. Also how much do you care about knowing what exactly goes into your food - ingredient type/quality? How much control do you need over that?

#2. Going to retire in five years. Wife says I need a part time job. I say Home Depot in the paint section. Everyone leaves happy with their can, it's the work after they hate. Also easy to flip a switch to turn on mixer, open can and say "is that the color your want" hit the can closed with rubber hammer and offer a stir stick as they walk away. Any complaints, mix them another and ask twice if it's the color they want. Any down side?

Nah...I say foot masseur. :)

  • Author

#3 Is bat and Ginger an item? One shows up and then the other. Then they vanish again.

You can always come and ride the rails with me Porky :)

  • Author

I am Sheldon and would

Love it. Will Ginger share her seat?

Better hurry, train will be here in 30 min. Meet you at Little Brazos at the crew change pad. It's an empty rock train so should be a pretty nice trip :)

You could run a dating agency...matching people together...

 

Retirement...you will finally have the time ,to do all the stuff you would have liked to do...

You will wonder where you had the time to go work...

It's a different pace altogether...it's what you make of it...I love it..

But some nice cook books..learn...I'm sure the good lady at home would love to sit down and enjoy a special meal cooked by your good hands..x

  • Author

I cook when needed. Not bad either. Don't like it.

Too much work for me.

Also don't need a part time retirement job but wife says I do to keep her sane. Says I have ants in my pants. I tell her no. It's my hands

#1 I wonder if there are different areas you can save money.  I like to spend money on good quality food whether it is dining out or dining in.

Maybe have your drinks at home and skip them at the restaurant.  That will save a lot.  

 

#2 You could get a job at Wal-Mart and watch all the crazy people.   

I'll have to think of my own dilemma for you all to put your two cents into.  Hmmm.....

  • Author

#3. What are the islanders saying. "Beans to toast" anyone got a clue?

#3. What are the islanders saying. "Beans to toast" anyone got a clue?

drdx60.jpg  :P

#1 buy the nice food off the deli counter, experiment try different things, its cheaper and little or no cooking and not many dishes, its a win win win situation :)

 

#2 yes i can totally see you stirring pots, sniffing fumes and taking a sneaky lick of strawberry fields to see if in fact it does taste of strawberries  :P  :P

 

#3 yes totally have a clue about beans on toast i was raised on them and luckily for me i can purchase my favourite brand at my local shop :)

 

about bat anfd ginger i havent a clue i am out of the loop these days, but i hope so ;)

  • Author

Next one--- I recently began planning on killing two guys at work. I need to lure them out of the office. They are pencil pushers. Once outside I plan on picking the one up by the ankles and beating the other to death with him. For the report I am going to cover it up as a pedestrian accident.

Dumb or plausible?

Plausible. Definitely plausible. Which brings us back to your question #2. You could become a hit man after retirement. You already know the loopholes and you could have every weekend/holiday off.

As long as the one you have by the ankles has a thick skull, I don't see an issue.  :P

totally dumb i say why use extra energy on swinging and bashing and then covering it up as a pedestrian accident, just tell them both there are free donuts outside and then run them both over, there must be a cops clause that its an acceptable accident in the line of duty on the way to free donuts?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.