Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Practice Makes Perfect?

Featured Replies

Yesterday I experienced that oh-so-familiar heightened panic/anxiety/freak-out that (for me) comes with this territory - - adrenals all whacked from not using my numbing-nicotine-sticks.

 

Funny though - - I actually chuckled.  I was like, "yup, here it is." 

 

After having "quit" so many times in my past:

 

8 month quit @ age 23

1 year quit @ age 25

1 year, 3 months @ age 31

as well as NUMEROUS 1-2 month quits scattered here and there...

 

I'm basically a PRO people!  Hahaha.  I even said to myself, "okay Ramona, here we go, you know what this is, just breathe."  I still felt the adrenaline chemicals surging through me but I wasn't convinced by them. 

 

This too shall pass...always does...and I'm really hoping (in my case) that "practice can finally make perfect."

 

 

This is the forever quit, Ramona!!

Hey, Ramona!  Glad you are here!

I've done the "serial quitter" thing, too.  And learned the hard way that I can't have even ONE.  I am not a social smoker.  I am the smoking version of an alcoholic.

One is too many and a thousand aren't enough.

 

Ride the wave.  You know what to expect and you can build a plan on what you will do when it happens.

You got this girl. Each quit and relapse taught you something you needed to learn. You have enough knowledge and experience now to get through it.

  • Author

Thanks Babs.  I appreciate your confidence in me.  Just tonight - - another anxiety moment.  My 2nd big one.  But that's not too bad for over 7 days quit, right?  Only two major moments???  Not bad. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.