Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Actually was looking forward to gaining some weight

Featured Replies

Eating like a pig, lots of sweets, junk food, favorite foods, chocolate, pizza, and NO WEIGHT GAIN.

 

No sh*t. I can't figure it out, maybe it's the running, or maybe it is all the stuff I am doing to keep busy, keep mind off smoking cigs.

 

Feel great, no health problems of any kind, and I am at my perfect weight for height and bones.

 

Clearly I should not be worried, BUT at least I'm not an EGG, Bakon, right?

LOL you should be happy TAC

If you are at your perfect weight for height and bones, then why are you trying to gain weight? 

I have gained 9 lbs since I quit and it pisses me off.

I have an EXTRA 30 you can have. Never had a weight problem in my life until I quit smoking.

I've gained 4 over the last month and a half. And I'm actually underweight so I'm glad to be gaining a little weight. I don't think I gained weight until the latter half of my quit though,

Sarge lost 36 pounds in the first 6 months of his quit without even trying. Go figure. Who knew training for 26.2 would make eating like a pig and weight loss go together, right?

 

> maybe it's the running

 

That's the only thing Sarge attributed his to. Once you go over 30 miles a week, it's damned near impossible to keep weight on. If you make it up to 50 or 60+ miles a week, it's all the damned icecream and donuts you want, and *still* losing 2 or 3 pounds a week. Without trying.

 

Quitting doesn't have to mean weight gain, folks ... and if you're interested in losing (or even maintaining and NOT gaining) weight - MyFitnessPal.com is the place to do it. Sarge set out to lose the rest, and lost him some more for a total of 60 (SIXTY!! YIKES !!!,) pounds there (and got washboard abs, too - BONUS!)

 

You don't have to gain weight as part of quitting if you don't want to, folks.

 

Weight loss is as easy as quitting.

 

Calories in, calories out. A little hunger-discomfort for a while, embrace the suckage for a few months and you're golden.

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

  • Author

That's the only thing Sarge attributed his to. Once you go over 30 miles a week, it's damned near impossible to keep weight on. If you make it up to 50 or 60+ miles a week, it's all the damned icecream and donuts you want, and *still* losing 2 or 3 pounds a week. Without trying.

 

Quitting doesn't have to mean weight gain, folks ... and if you're interested in losing (or even maintaining and NOT gaining) weight - MyFitnessPal.com is the place to do it. Sarge set out to lose the rest, and lost him some more for a total of 60 (SIXTY!! YIKES !!!,) pounds there (and got washboard abs, too - BONUS!)

 

You don't have to gain weight as part of quitting if you don't want to, folks.

 

Weight loss is as easy as quitting.

 

Calories in, calories out. A little hunger-discomfort for a while, embrace the suckage for a few months and you're golden.

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

It is as the Sarge says, weight gain is not inevitable, it can be avoided, just don't expect the process to be enjoyable. My body aches all over from the workouts I do each day, but on the positive side, I'm trading one pain in the @ss (smoking) for another pain in the @ss, good health. As they said in "Chicken Run", "pain is good".

Chicken run or duck walk?

30 miles a week driving maybe

 

Replacing one addiction for something they invented cars to avoid....

 

But beer is for weight gain. Ice cream is for kids

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.