The Body Coach

Just done the workout...O..M...G... So unfit. Good, glad it felt like that as it motivates me to do something about it. I like his style that you can do this all in the comfort of my own home. What with fitting a gym session in, the cost, and feeling silly seeing other super trim folk this suits me just fine.

He also has a book with recipe ideas so will be making a purchase. Just looked on his blog page and he has a fab Piri Piri chicken recipe, so I like his style of food.

Going to record and check in on this thread, each day, my get fit version of NOPE.

Don't have feel buzzing after the work out....popping out later for a walk too, can't run as it kills my current police men's feet situation, walking is far less painful.

Here is the video if anyone else fancies giving it a go

I do a lot of HIIT training and that looks like a good little workout, tough moves but short term so you kinda make it.

One note though, I don't think he stretches enough at the end. For your own lack of pains, I would add a chest and back stretch and a tricep and bicep stretch at the end. Women are weaker up top by nature so often guy trainers don't think of it.

Good on you! Good luck :) x

• Like 1

I do a lot of HIIT training and that looks like a good little workout, tough moves but short term so you kinda make it.

One note though, I don't think he stretches enough at the end. For your own lack of pains, I would add a chest and back stretch and a tricep and bicep stretch at the end. Women are weaker up top by nature so often guy trainers don't think of it.

Good on you! Good luck :) x

Thank you Marti, I will follow your advise ;)

I will say Marti that I found it tough...very tough! That motivates me even more now...got my determined little so and so head on.

I love that he says love fat ( the right ones) and drink Vodka...;) although says to avoid my favourite things cocktails. Mind you I will limit myself to just one on a Friday and Saturday...got to have some guilty pleasure.

• Like 1

Funnily enough I have just been reading about the insanity workouts Sarge.

My book is due on Tuesday, looks perfect as the recipes are not silly fad foods.

Going to purchase a yoga mat tomorrow, don't want to rough up my carpet/carpet burns. I've only done the one workout today ( nearly killed me, I won't lie) but felt such a buzz all day. Even went for a post lunch 40 min fast pace walk.

I love cycling....yes, I will build cycling into my routine too.

Am not going to get on the scales, just not getting addicted to that lark ( I know what I'm like) so will take a picture every two weeks to see the difference. Not overly over weight, I'd say about half a stone too much. It's the feel good fitness as much as anything too, that I will enjoy.

Sorry, have wrote a ruddy essay ....just nice to talk and share my plans.

• Like 1

No work out today, too sore, back on it tomorrow. I have read the importance of rest days, for muscle repair and can see why.

Have walked for four hours today, pounding the high street shopping. Felt every step but didn't stop me enjoying making my purchases.

Purchase a gym mat, a dumbbell set (5kg each) and a 10lb kettle bell.

Purchased a load of vitamins after reading a blog of a gentleman that followed the Body Coaches 90 day programme.

It can only help surely so I purchased, oh and some protein powder (vanilla) to make protein shakes. Will attach the vitamin list, and why, in a minute. Never taken a vitamin in my life, not a fan of tabs and pills, so not sure if I'll keep it...will see how I feel.

Im not signing up for the full programme, going to make do and mend with his book and videos. Checked out the book today, in WHS, looks fabulous! Had I know I was going out tomorrow I would not of ordered online, still, no matter be here Tuesday.

Took a photo of my in my underwear this morning, will take another in a month.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2r7yi4z.jpg[/h

• Like 1

All good...

Just finished a workout, phew... I honestly thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest, didn't obviously.

Had a great day as I made myself eat a banana for breakfast at 6:30am (don't eat breakfast normally) took 30 grm of raw cashew nuts for mid morning refuel. Had 200mls of water on the hour, ever hour (been to the loo a lot) worked five hours cleaning and feel great.

I read that water is needed for energy, as dehydration can make you tired. Interestingly I got home after a straight 5 hour cleaning job and I normally grab 40 winks, as need it. Didn't feel nearly as tired today...plus extra water will hydrate my skin too, so win/win.

No excersise tomorrow, book due Wednesday not Tuesday..grrrrr

Oh and I ordered a lean meat food hamper special promotion last night, £125 worth down to £55. My friends boys use this company (weight lifters) and I know the quality is good. So all good...looking forward to Wednesday.

• Like 1

I felt like one Stuart, on Saturday...that's for sure ;)

Book has come, fabulous recipes.

Fabulous information, and very understandable, on why certain food groups at certain times, I get it so that's good.

Measured my full belly, waist and thighs Monday night. This morning I could just feel I wasn't as bloated, measured, and an inch and a half gone already. Not fat yet, I know, but obviously my old diet of rice, potato or pasta (evening meal) was bloating me.

Eaten delicious food, full and can honestly say I feel better, a spring in my step already.

I thought it was half a stone I needed to lose...wrong!... 13 lbs needs to be shifted to get to my ideal weight, no probs...Easy Peasy.

Smoothie for breakfast, delicious macarel salad for lunch and Indian spiced lamb with finely chopped cauliflower as my rice texture with a small hand full of spinach and beetroot. No training so no carb based meals today.

Might start a blog for myself.

Great week... Five inches lost off the body already (thighs, gut and waist)

Feeling good, really am. Get the odd feeling for sugar now and again. Interestingly I had half a chunk/piece of chocolate yesterday. Not twenty minutes later banging headache! Related? No idea but I don't tend to get headaches nowadays. Put me off chocolate, just in case.

Lee is doing HIIT at the gym now. Instead of his twenty solid minute, at an average pace, on the treadmill he is blasting a full minute full throttle then a minute slow pace. He said he can really feel it, so he is having a complete overall of his routine too.

I've changed my video for a more almost dance about one, love dancing, find it just as heart beating out of my chest but it's more my scene. Only a ten minute one though so instead of a rest day going to do it everyday. Once my stamina builds I can then find a twenty minutes HIIT one. Think is it may just be ten minutes of heart pumping activity but it's ten minutes more than I was doing before...so all good. Doing it Wednesday to Sunday and having Monday and Tuesday off.

Along with stopping smoking this is the best life change I have every made.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just done the workout...O..M...G... So unfit. Good, glad it felt like that as it motivates me to do something about it. I like his style that you can do this all in the comfort of my own home. What with fitting a gym session in, the cost, and feeling silly seeing other super trim folk this suits me just fine.

He also has a book with recipe ideas so will be making a purchase. Just looked on his blog page and he has a fab Piri Piri chicken recipe, so I like his style of food.

Going to record and check in on this thread, each day, my get fit version of NOPE.

Don't have feel buzzing after the work out....popping out later for a walk too, can't run as it kills my current police men's feet situation, walking is far less painful.

Here is the video if anyone else fancies giving it a go

Found this in the cupboard...for beginners...mmmmmm.....those squats look hard work....but a big plus...

He seems like a nice boy...