Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I feel down

Featured Replies

I've noticed I feel down, lost my humor, the drive to post or do anything. I'm NOT thinking of smoking. But I AM nicotinefree for the first time in ages. Is this a possible result?

  • Author

I think it might be because I get sooo dimmed by my meds, and now I don't drink coffee I'm a zombie

So back to 3 senseo cups

I think it's pretty normal Evelyn... Maybe try not to quit everything at once?!  Personally, I would not have been able to quit coffee and nicotine at the same time - gotta' have my coffee ;)

  • Author

Back on coffee, I'm fine again!

Glad the coffee helped ;)

 

I suffer from fatigue and low moods but I soon zap it by getting busy Evelyn. The more I make myself do the better I feel...so if you have low energy or humour again try and get busy, it really can and does seem to help.

It is just a matter of time, Evelyn. It really gets better. This could be a possible result of being nicotine-free, yes. You need to wait until your body and mind get used to the change. Nicotine rewires the brain chemistry, and once you stop the nicotine intake, it takes some time before the fog clears off.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.