Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daily Poll ** Christmas Eve

Charity During The Holidays 14 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you donate to charity or give to someone in need during the holiday season?

    • "Adopt" a needy child and fill their wishlist
      10%
    • Give a gift to Toys for Tots or something similar
      10%
    • Donate to a food drive or food pantry
      26%
    • Donate time to a soup kitchen or something similiar
      0%
      0
    • Donate money to a specific charity or cause
      15%
    • Give change to the Salvation Army bell jinglers (sorry don't know what else to call them)
      21%
    • Something other way of giving to the needy
      15%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A local gift shop has a tree inside with stars hanging on it.  You pick a star and on the back is a small wishlist of a child.  Usually we pick a boy around my son's age and try to fill his wishes.  

That's great Colleen, very nice.

 

This year I have a while bunch of good to the local food bank. Usually I donate money, but it actually felt more meaningful doing the food thing, so I will probably do that again next year :) (PS I am by no means saying that donating money is not meaningful!)

That's great Colleen, very nice.

 

This year I have a while bunch of good to the local food bank. Usually I donate money, but it actually felt more meaningful doing the food thing, so I will probably do that again next year :) (PS I am by no means saying that donating money is not meaningful!)

Action, just wanted to share with you...something to think about...I was told that our local food bank preferred money because they have greater buying power than we do as individuals.  I was told that they could buy canned goods for about half what we pay...

I donated money to a man who sells papers about the 'homeless and street' by doing this they can get some sort of income. 

Christmas, I dont do anything extra, but I give all year.

 

I do money, but I will do some volunteering in 2015

I have an open buffet day for people I know will be on their own, today was that day and I do not want to see another sausage roll!

  • Author

I have an open buffet day for people I know will be on their own, today was that day and I do not want to see another sausage 

Sausage rolls?  My  local English store has 12 for $ 24...When I was  a young'en....England did not have Cherrios...one of the few things  I would eat/...Back then..I would eat everything :)

 

As a person who never had a lot of money and parents who always struggled to make ends meet, I am going to start donating more food. I have had to rely on food banks over the years and have received some pretty pitiful/depressing food baskets that's supposed to last a person or family an entire month. 

 

I also give to charities when I am out shopping and have change on me. 

I donate a toy to the Toys for Tots box in the store,  This year the guys were home so they did a Santa toy jump for the local Ronald McDonald house which I also donate chemo caps that I make. I always have singles or change handy for the Salvation Army buckets. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.