Quit smoking war games

TAC

In my efforts to promote this website, I have been spending a lot of time on Google and Yahoo. There seems to be a cold war regarding quit methods. I quit cold turkey so don't know what to think about all of the other methods available.

The taboo "e-cig" seems to be the subject of most of the conflict.

Would anyone like to elaborate?

Has anyone "quit" crack cocaine by switching from smoking in a bong or glass crack-pipe -vs- smoking it in a tobacco pipe? Are they really "quit" by switching delivery methods of the same drug? How 'bout if they switch to crushing the rock and snorting it instead of smoking.it?

Yeah. That's how The Sarge sees it.

Use your NRT if it helps, but you ain't "quit" nothin' until you're off the juice. Zero nicotine.

Zero. Nada. Nothin'. Zilch.

When your nicotine intake is exactly Diddley-Squat, then and only then have you quit. Anything else is just a "quit*" with both asterisk and parenthetical explanation of exactly how the non-quit is, in fact, a quit. Classic Junkie, right?

Easy Peasy

• Like 2

I have heard many positive stories about Zyban, Chantix, Vaping, E- cigs, Nictotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) and I would not criticise any of them.

Peer support is important to me, as was "The EasyWay" by Allen Carr. I am an advocate of Cold Turkey.

I think the most important is that support is available here on Quittrain.com for all of these methods and there is a very knowledgeable Gent called MQ here on Quittrain.com whom has an excellent blog, also at Quittrain.com that can support any and all of these methods of quitting smoking.

• Like 1

Cold turkey, NRTs, patches, chantix wellbutrin, yoga, meditation, exercise, running whatever helps quit and gets you to the end result that is what is important, quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health. One benefit of using exercise or running to quit smoking is that you will not gain weight and only become healthier as a byproduct. Just take that plunge and quit smoking. We will support your goal here at the quittrain.com :)

• Like 2

Nicotine Replacement Therapy versus Cold turkey is a contentious debate. That's even before you look at alternatives like Zyban and Chantix

E-Cigarettes and Vaping as ways to quit is interesting to me - but in line with posts above, I feel most comfortable with the Cold Turkey method of quitting smoking.

However - ultimately it is all about the destination here at Quittrain.com - A smoke free life!

• Like 1

My personal view is as long as what ever you use is used as a tool to quit and you have an end in site to be nicotine free then that`s a personal choice, it would be great if everyone could quit cold turkey and be rid of nicotine ASAP as we further down the line have either experienced these other methods or are now more educated on nicotine and its affects

I`m a firm believer in people finding their own paths to reach their goals but hope we can help to educate people here so they can make educated decisions on the paths they wish to take as we have no hidden agendas, no fortunes to be made to keep you addicted and keep you purchasing 

our end game here is to set us all free 

believe us not the advertising campaigns

just for the record this sticky quit of mine has been cold turkey

• Like 2

Really

well I dont care what anyone uses, just freakin quit.

I tried patches once, they taste crappy, like drinking bong water. yeachh

remember LouDub? When Lou came off the patches, how miserable was he? He said it was like quitting twice.

He got there though.

Chantix? Yea it works for some, but for others it has really bad side affects.

What else is there? Oh yea a friend of mine got some shots of belladonna behind each ear and

was told to go home and sleep. He said it hurt like a SOB like someone sucker punched him behind the ears with an ice pick. 

I asked if he was still quit he said hell yes, it cost him 400 bucks for those damned shots, he wasn't going to go through that again.

whatever gets you through the night

• Like 2

Quit means quit. Seems simple to me.

Depends on how much pain and suffering you want to put yourself through on the way to quit. The methods are many and the results vary with the individual. For me, vaping, patches, gum, all they did was linger out the pain. None of the NR's made me feel good; I want to smoke, not vape and chew gum. lol.

• Like 1