Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weird Dreams

Featured Replies

Dreams are so weird and they carry every single emotion and feel so incredibly real sometimes.

 

Here is a place we can share them if you'd like.  

 

They can be about anything.  If it is a smoking dream, you can put it here or start a new "Smoking Dream" thread - cuz those dreams are in a class all their own.  

 

 

  • Author

I was just sitting here working, when, BAM, I recalled my dream last night.  I dreamt that my husband slept with another man.  Yep a man.  I knew ahead of time that he was going to do it, and I didn't even mind.  He told me that he really enjoyed it, and I was happy for him.  I don't recall for sure who the man was, but I think I may have an idea.  I would really not be happy if this occurred in real life.  

Lol, what a dream! I wouldn't be happy either.

 

I once had a dream about my BF cheating on me. I was pissed off at him when I woke up. I thought it actually happened!

Oh dear Petra...that's a new one!  My hubby has had dreams that I cheat on him (with a man...no girl on girl action there).  Each time, he wakes up so sad...or mad.  He asks me not to dream cheat on him anymore. He never dream cheats on me.   :)

Petra, somehow I think that there could be a lot to read into this....

You should have this dream analyzed...

 

Holy crap!!!.. lol

  • Author

lol - I don't think I'll share my dream with hubster.  I think he would like it even less than I did.  

 

I don't think I want to analyze it too much either.  It's bad enough as it is.  :)

Wow, as I clicked onto this my vivid dream from last night came flying back to me. You have a gay fella, I have a purple octopus attached to the wall of an outside shower...I enjoy a bit of dream analysis but I think we should leave these alone :)  Not smoking though are we, that's gotta be a win lol. x

So this was my dream last night: I was smoking....I was aware I'd blown a quit but wasn't overly disappointed (WTF???), I just believed that I could have one every now & again - someone in the dream pointed out to me that this is just as bad as smoking every day but I was just ...kinda relaxed about it!!!

 

I do not feel that way AT ALL in real life! Far from it! I know that I can not have "just 1, every now & again" (& to be honest I don't want 1 anyways), also I would be devestated to throw this quit away, I'm so proud of myself...I would be far from relaxed if I relapsed now (or in the future!!).

 

On the plus side I woke up relieved (as usual) that it was a dream! :) I have had soooooo many smoking dreams this quit, they don't come as often now but they still sneak up on me now and again.

 

If I told you any of my other non smoke related dreams I'd have to kill you :lol:

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

The other night I dreamt that I was in this building, and I was trying to get out.  I was running through rooms in stuff.  It was all quiet in the building.  No one was in it, but I needed to get out.  Then I walk quietly out of one of the rooms into this hallway.  At the end of the hallway, you could go straight into another office/room, or left or right down another hall.  Down the right hall, I saw someone's foot, with a black tennis shoe. Then that person peers around the corner.  It was a man, tall, dark haired, and he starts running toward me.  

 

I start to run the opposite direction, but am digging through my purse for my keys or something.  He is gaining on me, and I know I will be unable to outrun him and start trying to think of ways to defend myself.  I start to scream, then my hubby wakes me up.  

 

I was so scared and breathing all heavy.  On the good side, I like sleeping so much, that I rolled over and fell back asleep with no more chases. :)

 

Chase dreams.  I get those and falling dreams a lot.  :)

The other night I dreamt that I was in this building, and I was trying to get out.  I was running through rooms in stuff.  It was all quiet in the building.  No one was in it, but I needed to get out.  Then I walk quietly out of one of the rooms into this hallway.  At the end of the hallway, you could go straight into another office/room, or left or right down another hall.  Down the right hall, I saw someone's foot, with a black tennis shoe. Then that person peers around the corner.  It was a man, tall, dark haired, and he starts running toward me.  

 

I start to run the opposite direction, but am digging through my purse for my keys or something.  He is gaining on me, and I know I will be unable to outrun him and start trying to think of ways to defend myself.  I start to scream, then my hubby wakes me up.  

 

I was so scared and breathing all heavy.  On the good side, I like sleeping so much, that I rolled over and fell back asleep with no more chases. :)

 

Chase dreams.  I get those and falling dreams a lot.  :)

Boy that was one scary dream!

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Last night I dreamed that I went to see my gynecologist. It took FOREVER!!!!  OMG!  He kept having to walk out of the room & stuff.  It wasn't really about the exam part at all.  Just general health talking, then he would walk out & be right back.

I never been to gyno. That would be the scary part to me.

  • Author

So, sometimes, I dream something and a day or so later it happens.  It freaks me out and it is never about good stuff, like winning the lotto.  For example, when I was young, like 12, I dreamed that our house burned down. The next day a neighbor kid started a small fire on the side of our house.  Playing with fire - no  ill intent and no harm or damage, but it was weird.  He was in our back yard by himself too.  wtf???

 

There are other dreams too that have come true, but are bad, so I don't like to share them with too many people.  My husband just recently told me that if I have a bad dream about him not to tell him - unless it could be preventative.

 

 I'd rather have good dreams that come true.  :)

So, sometimes, I dream something and a day or so later it happens.  It freaks me out and it is never about good stuff, like winning the lotto.  For example, when I was young, like 12, I dreamed that our house burned down. The next day a neighbor kid started a small fire on the side of our house.  Playing with fire - no  ill intent and no harm or damage, but it was weird.  He was in our back yard by himself too.  wtf???

 

There are other dreams too that have come true, but are bad, so I don't like to share them with too many people.  My husband just recently told me that if I have a bad dream about him not to tell him - unless it could be preventative.

 

 I'd rather have good dreams that come true.   :)

That's really interesting...and scary! I find dreams facinating - I dream everynight, all night...very very vivid dreams, I always have :) I also have very strange dreams...not ones that predict stuff though. I love lucid dreams...where you realise in the dream that it is a dream, I have had a few of those.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.