Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dreams

Featured Replies

Hi everyone. Day 7 today and feeling a bit tired and miff. I've been having weird dreams all week. Is this a normal part of withdrawals?

Hi rowly, I can't say I've had any weird dreams lately but my sleep pattern is all over the place. How are you quitting? Do you use nrt or chantix? I think I've heard people using these complain about odd dreams.

  • Author

I quit cold turkey. No meds work for me....

Completely normal Rowley... Lots of stuff happening in your brain right now, so it's to be expected... Are these good dreams or bad dreams?! I had a load of funky dreams early on!

  • Author

They're totally dumb weird freaky dreams actually... I feel better now than this morning.

We are all different Rowly.  The dreams I believe are due to your subconscious self working thing out.  They will slowly dissipate.  You are doing awesome!

I quit clod turkey as well Rowly and I certainly had weird dreams for a bit but they didn't last too long about 2 or 3 weeks and it was back to normal at least for me.

Right now there is a chemical imbalance going on your body is adjusting all over again - but it is a good chemical imbalance - your body is trying to cleanse itself.

I had weird, very tiring dreams of trying to smoke when I first quit and was using NRT. Never actually did smoke in the dreams, though! They lasted a few weeks.

Had very odd dreams... Along with sleeplessness. The weird dreams stopped for me after week two :)

All good Rowly... I had those dreams... and still do sometimes.  Your body is getting used to the lack of chemicals in your body... it is adjusting...withdrawing. 

Yep totally normal, you sleep much better without nicotine clouding your brain so with more oxygen it is alot clearer, your body is all over the place cos it's ridding itself of all the chemicals, basically is adjusting to a new better normal, it will improve I found by the first month,

Rowly I hope you are treating yourself everyday because it is a massive thing that you are doing for yourself so please make sure you look after number 1 til you are comfortable in your quit.

Don't forget if you need to be selfish, lack patience whatever, just do whatever gets you through the tough parts

Remember you come before anything else,

Very proud of you xxx

Yup all normal, unless you dream of a riding the back of a white fluffy dragon then you've watched too much neverending story.

Yep all normal should be better in a couple of weeks but any juicy ones you have to share it's a rule I think I read that somewhere there is a confession thread for just that,scary ones talk to DD :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.