Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'll quit my way, in my time, when I'm ready....

Featured Replies

....No, You probably won't....

 

This was an excuse that I used for years, I was waiting to be ready, I was waiting to not want to smoke anymore.

 

we are drug addicts, it doesn't work like that.

 

Some can quit with no problems at all, however most people will need education and support, to help change their mindset and begin their journey to freedom.

 

sign up today, read about nicotine addiction, ask questions on here.  I can assure you that most of us have been through the same thing as you.

 

Best wishes

"We are drug addicts." 

 

This was the hardest thing for me to accept because after all, "I'm smoking, not shooting heroin".  My doctor chuckled as I told him this right after he called me an addict.  It was at this time my eyes started to open that if I was going to quit smoking for good, then I had to come to grips with the fact that I am a nicotine addict and always will be.

 

It may seem a bit daunting to imagine your life without smoking, but quitting now will give you the freedom that you gave up so long ago.

My favourite excuse I used to use was, "It's just not the right time to quit smoking. So much stress right now!"

 

Hell, if I had ultimately listened to that excuse, I never would have quit!

....No, You probably won't....

 

 

But, actually ... we definitely did.

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

An easy excuse!

 

It is amazing that you rarely hear someone in control say "I'm in control" If you are in control, you do not feel the need to say it. You just ARE

 

So - when I said "I'm not an addict - I'm in control"...

 

I think I was probably saying

 

"I'm an addict - I have no control"

 

 

 

 

Words cannot adequately express how it feels to have taken back control....

Agreed EB. As smokers, we loved lying to ourselves!

 

I'd like your post, but I'm out of likes. :( 

  • 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.