Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First time......

Featured Replies

in 7 weeks and one day that I will be hanging out with my friends.  I have deliberately stayed away from them as they have always been a major trigger for me.

 

But today, I am spending the day with them.  There will be smoking (alot of smoking), I know at least one will be smoking a hookah and there will be drinking.  I am not ready to drink just yet.  Which is no big deal for me as I'm not a big drinker anyways.  But there are some big triggers with the smoking.   

 

I can't keep hiding forever.  At some point, I have to do this.  And today is going to be the day.

 

Oh and did I mention..... I will be coming home smoke free.  Yes, I will.

  • Author

Ok, truth is... I'm a little nervous.  But Puffy is now smoke free, has been for 7 months and she is going to be my biggest support system there.  That does help ALOT !!!!

 

I like not smoking.  I'm not giving that up for anything.  But it will still be nice to have someone there that doesn't smoke and will go off with me if I need to.  I don't think I will need to but if I should, then she's there......

 

ok, I'm leaving now.  Y'all have a good day.  :)

No need to be nervous now. You have this as long as you don't put something in your mouth and set it on fire, it's simple :)

 

I will be a closet cheerleader from England as well. xx

Tiff don't think about it, just go and enjoy the evening with your friends, relax and have fun, if you allow the junkie thinking to take over your head it will have room to grow, don't give it a chance, you are a non smoker and you will not smoke, simples, enjoy your evening Tiff xx

Just think how chuffed and proud of yourself you will be when you come back

 

Have a good time :)

Aww tiff ....you will be fine.....

I do remember Ross being early in his quit on a stag night....he stayed close to the board..

It kept him strong.....whatever works I say....

We are always here....

Hugs

I think you will soon realize that before you quit you were just using having a good time as an excuse to smoke. Instead of needing to smoke to have a good time.

How did things go?  Triggers suck big time, but I try to remember that when I face a trigger it gets weaker and thus my quit becomes more solid.  Just say NOPE kid and you'll be fine.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.