Problems posting links and pics

G’day 

Just noticed over a little bit now I can’t post a link to anything on the forum. This means I can’t post links to songs and jokes. 
Only way to post up a pic is to screen shot it then post it up. Today even that doesn’t work. 
I don’t have a computer just an I phone which I can use on other forums quite well but not here?

Any ideas?

Thanks Chris

• Thanks 1

Hey @Cbdave, I don't have an iPhone but @Katgirl does. Maybe we can see if she's having the same problem. 

What exactly happens when you try to post one? I just posted a gif with my Samsung Galaxy to the Nope page no problem so it may be an iPhone issue. Have you tried restarting your phone? Sometimes something that simple works.

You can also try posting your link where it says Other Media, click on the arrow and select "insert image from URL"

Screenshot_20211222-131512_kindlephoto-474739910.png

Edited by jillar

G’day jillar

tried a number of times to answer but the site is slow to to load and I’m’ getting “can not find” messages. Recon that a good bit to do with it!

So no pic with the NOPE today. So if I’m not here over the coming days that’s the reason 

All the best for Christmas 

Chris

• Like 1

G’day 

Got rid of 5 pics and tried again. No better. Double checked the pic size 3.2 MG and guess what it stops at 3.2 and doesn’t continue the process when posting. Got me? 
This stuff happened at the last upgrade and resulted in me being locked out for a while

• Like 1

Did you delete your browser cookies? Just deleting the qt link isn't the same as deleting all your browser cookies. That's what I'm thinking is slowing you down and not allowing you to post links. 

• Like 1

G’day 

Didn’t want to lose my cookies ( now that sounds weird ?) Just had to reenstate them after a phone upgrade! So I went on a friends laptop and logged in…. wow. People have tickers and everything 

All the things I lost in that last upgrade.

Tried again. Same same can’t load pics. Slow to load ever window and got dropped with an error reading in the end. 
Tried a few other forum including one from stateside. No problems everything at normal speed and function. Just gunna have to ride it out like last time.

Thanks for the help by the way

My kindle uses Silk for the browser and the site looks different from my desktop and my smartphone so I'm sure it was my last Kindle update and am just waiting it out too. But I'm not having the issues you are. Hopefully it gets fixed for you soon

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Katgirl said:

There have  been times I wanted to post a photo from my iPhone, but I always get a message that the file is way too big. After that happened a few times, I gave up trying to send photos. 

G’day Katgirl

The I phone pic type has changed to a type that the site doesn’t recognise and the files are too big. The easy workaround is too take a screenshot of the pic. Hold your phone on the side and push the main button normally on the bottom and the on off button at the same time. You’ll hear a click and it’s done and the pic will go to you pictures. You tend to get a black border on each side 

Dont forget that the iPhone sees in landscape so hold you phone on the side you have to rotate and resize.

hope this helps in some way

Chris

12 hours ago, Cbdave said:

G’day Katgirl

The I phone pic type has changed to a type that the site doesn’t recognise and the files are too big. The easy workaround is too take a screenshot of the pic. Hold your phone on the side and push the main button normally on the bottom and the on off button at the same time. You’ll hear a click and it’s done and the pic will go to you pictures. You tend to get a black border on each side 

Dont forget that the iPhone sees in landscape so hold you phone on the side you have to rotate and resize.

hope this helps in some way

Chris

Thanks. I do know how to ,take a screen shot. I will try that next time.