Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Morning smokers

Featured Replies

So I leave my apartment around 6.50am everyday for work and in the less than 10 minute walk to the train station I always pass lots of smokers - I used to be one of them! I have no idea how I did that every morning...it stinks!! I can't believe I used to 'enjoy' having smoke in my mouth...especially first thing in the morning, ew!!!!!

 

So glad I don't do that anymore! :)

Has anyone ever told you you get up too early... :p

 

I know smokers kind of stink, don't they. I used to think that I was the exception, and it was all the other smokers that stank and not me. What an idiot lol.

  • Author

Has anyone ever told you you get up too early... :P

 

I know smokers kind of stink, don't they. I used to think that I was the exception, and it was all the other smokers that stank and not me. What an idiot lol.

Someone may have mentioned it ;)

 

Yep, its gross!!

I used to go outside almost first thing every morning.

'Taking the dogs out'.

Blizzard or whatever. What a pain.

I was the guy always out on the balcony smoking. I must have looked like a balcony Gnome or something out there.  :ph34r:  :P

Ah, smoking in the morning.  I thought my commute to work would be a trigger for me.  It really wasn't though.  I was off work since before I quit.  Over a year.  My son had been really sick, vomiting uncontrollably, there was no rhyme or reason to it.  We had to gradually explore what could be causing it, nothing seemed to help.  And he had to be tired of being sick to do exploratory procedures, that is how it is.  So, glad the cause was found and it's behind us.  Anyway, I think I was spoiled in this aspect, not having to quit while working.  Seriously, I think my quit would have been harder or maybe it was harder not working, with more time on my hands.  I can't say for sure.  My commute can be anywhere from 20 minutes to 90 minutes.  The traffic is out of control.  When I smoked, I would chain smoke on the drive to work.  I worked in Boston's South End, which meant probably half a pack by the time I got to work.  I don't think about smoking during my commute though, unless I see someone smoking.  

we are a bunch of sweet smelling non smokers :))

When I was working dayshift, I would get up between 3 & 4 am to start drinking coffee and smoking.  I treated it like it was my own personal happy hour.  Thought I was really enjoying and making the most out of my quiet mornings but now I see all I was doing was mucking up my perfectly brewed cup of coffee.

 

Man I'm glad I don't smoke anymore.

Wow, I would wake an hour before the children and chain smoke like 10, it was my favourite smoking time with a cup of tea. I would drop them at school and then smoke again, massive relief from the craves.  Now I sleep an extra half hour :)  I also genuinely feel pity for every parent/child combo I pass on the way to my job (a mum) on the school run. Poor guys, the kids and the parents. Hopefully they'll all find the way one day. For now, we are free and it feels pretty good. xx

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.