Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Down

Featured Replies

Quitting smoking can be a real drag and seriously depressing. Whoever feels the need to unpack about it here is in the right place because that is what this forum is all about. Not everyone enjoys the struggle...haha indeed most do not. Some of us try to psyche ourselves into being positive about it but, truth is, deactivating an addiction feels like crap. If all you feel is negative and the process is just one sucky story then...welcome!  You can do it and we are here to support!

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sorry, it sounds like you are trying to give yourself permission to smoke.  Why leave your support group?

  • I'm sorry you feel you need to back away @Linda, especially during these first few months quit. I hope that you will come back on if you're feeling like you may cave to a crave. Take care and I wish y

  • Linda   Perhaps I did not communicate very clearly or perhaps it was interpreted wrong.  It doesn't matter.  Let's move on now.  The basic thing is I support your effort to keep this quit go

Posted Images

  • Author
On 2/12/2021 at 2:28 PM, Linda said:

Thanks Jeff

 

On 2/12/2021 at 2:19 PM, JH63 said:

@Linda I have read this thread. I am sorry that you have decided to pull back and not post your feelings here.  But I understand and respect your decision. Some time back I realized that I could not make negative posts here without getting some replies back that I didn't like.  I can come off very negative when I'm having a bad day. I think the members here know from their success at quitting, that remaining as positive as possible is the best way to go.  Most of the replies that I didn't like hit a nerve. They had a truthfulness in them that my negative mind didn't want to hear. When I'm negative, I'm negative all the way! Then after some thought I would realize why I didn't like the reply I got.

   I quit posting negative thoughts as much as possible, and I am willing to let most replies I don't like slide off.

   All the people here had quits that were different. But everyone here has a common goal, helping others to quit smoking.  If I didn't believe that, I would not log on here at all!

  We are both very early in our quits. 

I hope that you can get past this and we can continue on our journey together!  If not, I wish you All the Luck in quitting this nasty habit anyway you can!

 Take Care!

    Jeff

Thanks Jeff😀

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.