Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicotine Headache

Featured Replies

The amount of people I have spoken to and dealt with today who absolutely stink and can I say STINK really bad of nicotine has been horrendous, it made my head throb. I couldn't believe that just the simple smell of nicotine from someone would create a headache as bad as the one I got today.  My colleagues were quick to reassure me that I never smelt like that, but I must of, it makes you think about all the horrible chemicals getting inside your lungs and how long they will linger there after your last cigarette if the smell lingers like that on your skin and hair.   I also walked past a couple smoking on the way into work, and for a split second I thought OMG cigarette give me one...........to be quickly replaced by a mouthful of smoke as I walked by, O.M.G it was disgusting how on earth did I ever enjoy smoking a cigarette when it tasted like that, the addiction was strong to mask that!!  Thank goodness all I can smell from myself now is Coco Chanel Mademoiselle and soap, lovely fresh and clean, and no NICOTINE.

I just came from my daughters 8th grade promotion ceremony( akkk my daughter is a high schooler now) I had to get up and move to a new seat twice because people sat next to me smelling like smoke. I hate knowing I smelled that way.

I still like the smell of smoke but stale smell on clothes and hair OMG - GAG

 

if I come from my mums house who smokes indoors!! - I come home and have to wash all my clothes and jump in the shower I feel so dirty and smelly and people in front of me in a queue I cannot help it by I have to hold my nose its so bad lol

It is true Jackie!

 

Tracey, I can just see you queuing up somewhere, holding your nose lol

I am glad I hate the smell. Made quit even easier.

It is true Jackie!

 

Tracey, I can just see you queuing up somewhere, holding your nose lol

im afraid im not so tactful but i cannot help it its nasty lol

I like the smell of fresh smoke, but poo stale is just plain yuk. I to think I smelled like that for 38 years. 

Ick, I don't want to smell like that.

I have the original hemp lotion on that always reminds me of my last quit. For some reason I associate that scent with not smoking. Same for Jessica Simpson's 'fancy.' Not 100% sure why.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.