Quitting Smoking !!!!

Doreensfree

Newbies , Lurkers...

Thought I would share my story...Freedom is there...for every smoker ,you just have to want it badly enough...

I smoked my whole adult life....a whopping 52 years ...

I tried to Quit hundreds of times ...all lead to failure....I resigned myself to the simple fact I would probably die a smoker....

Then the unthinkable happened ....I was given a choice quit or face quite possibly double amputation of both feet ...

Wow!!!....this news knocked me down for sure ....

My last few cigerettes were smoked with tears flowing ...I was in trouble 

I had to try something ...I had to try again...I scanned the internet looking for any help out there ,that would work this time ...

I found a smoking forum....I thought I've never tried this before ..might as well give it a go ...

Here I am 6 years later smoke free....

The difference this time was quitting with folks who were just like me,understood what I was going through..supported me every step of the way ....

We laugh ...alot ....we cry too....we make friends....we are a family....

Don't think your different from me ...and you carnt quit.....you can ...

The only thing you need is commitment and the desire ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

37 minutes ago, HeatherDianne said:

Thank you for posting this Doreen - I have had the same thoughts I will die a smoker. I have a week right now and I am embracing that. But your post gives me hope. 

You can H....just stick with it ...fight ....the craves will lessen and die altogether...

Before you know it...you will embrace being smoke free...

Just stay close to the board ,at least for the first 12 months ....

• Like 7

I am so grateful to you for saving your feet and your LIFE !

When I first quit, five or so months after you, I lurked and watched your journey.

You were helping people from the get go, you are a great one, Big D.

We are so lucky to have you here.

❤️

• Like 6