November 2, 20196 yr I have just read and viewed a video on your website from "Big Tobacco" It was mainly directed at our own Belief system which we have deep inside of us which have given us strong reasons why we chose to smoke. I can recall when all the bans came on about smoking in designated areas, where I felt utterly despised almost to a criminal status, this was one of my reasons to continue to smoke, I thought that everyone should choose what they want to do with their life, and not listen to the status quo. A bit of a rebel really. It was by accident that I came across a video during my first few months of quitting, which totally transformed my way of thinking. This was a Video by NASIA DAVOS, called:- "How to be a happy non smoker" presented by TEDxUniversityofPiraeus. Similar to the one on your website. It made me look at my belief system for many things which I had to unravel before I could understand just why I wasn't able to sustain my quit for longer periods. This false belief system, is perhaps the most crucial to my way of thinking. I wonder if there is another video out there which delves into your belief system of loosing weight, which is what I am now attempting, (once again) after 7plus months of quitting.
November 2, 20196 yr 57 minutes ago, forestgreen said: I can recall when all the bans came on about smoking in designated areas, where I felt utterly despised almost to a criminal status, this was one of my reasons to continue to smoke, I thought that everyone should choose what they want to do with their life, and not listen to the status quo. A bit of a rebel really. I used to think exactly so, forestgreen. I was an aggressive smoker, smoking where and when as often as possible. I didn't hide it, I flaunted it. In the early days of vaping nicotine before any regulation, I would supplement my dry tobacco with a vape and I took extra delight in getting my fix in places like Whole Foods or organic groceries. I was an idiot, yes. I was an addict. It was only after understanding the tenants of addiction that I was able to admit my folly. I wasn't a rebel at all. I was a slave to Big Tobacco That was a stunning realization for me and helped to power my quit 57 minutes ago, forestgreen said: I wonder if there is another video out there which delves into your belief system of loosing weight, which is what I am now attempting, (once again) after 7plus months of quitting. Here is a page of resources from our friend, Joel Spitzer concerning weight. Weight Related Resources and a video
November 2, 20196 yr Great post forestgreen, I was one of those smokers too until I came to terms with the addiction!
November 2, 20196 yr 2 hours ago, forestgreen said: It made me look at my belief system for many things which I had to unravel before I could understand just why I wasn't able to sustain my quit for longer periods. This false belief system, is perhaps the most crucial to my way of thinking. Cognitive dissonance is as vital to addiction as the drug of choice itself. The very moment you drop your defense of the addiction and allow yourself to accept the truth, the entire myth of the cigarette unravels immediately. We all accepted bullshit as holy writ while still feeding our addiction. Deluding ourselves was necessary to keep feeding the very beast that was killings us. The truth is the arch enemy of addiction.
November 3, 20196 yr Author Thanks to all, I am glad I am not the only rebel in the pack. Pretty much a quieter (if that is possible) person to be around, I still get annoyed at some things, but I try not to hang onto the situation as much. The diet thing; I have only gained around 5 kilos and have upped my exercise, but after looking at the resources, will be planning my meals more, I know I have to do something, I had a dream recently, where I was eating everything in sight on the table, stuffing it into my mouth, I didn't like this dream at all. So meal planning and cleaning teeth after dinner might be the go. Not one Puff Ever for Breakfast Not one Puff Ever for Lunch Not one Puff ever for Dinner.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.