Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it possible to quit without support from friends and family and if you stay mostly to yourself?

Featured Replies

  • Author
6 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Ankush, well done on getting past that bad crave. Just remember to SOS BEFORE you cave to a crave so that we can try to help you past it. You don't want to give up those awesome days quit you have now and start over again! 

@jillar Thank you for your advice. :) I did think of posting an SOS, but remembered reading a post somewhere by sarge that if the motivation comes from within, one shouldn't need to post in the SOS board (or something along those lines). So, I fought off the crave on my own, almost didn't but I did eventually fight it off. 

  • Replies 85
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Reciprocity
    Reciprocity

    Welcome Ankush   Everything is possible if you want to achieve it badly enough. Quitting smoking is no different and after all, you are quitting for YOU - not family and friends so much although

  • Lust4Life
    Lust4Life

    Yes it is. I did.  Forums like QuitTrain give so much support, tolerance &  knowledge. This place alone will offer you all the support you seek.     I owe my quit to the support & gu

  • Welcome aboard Ankush.  Yes you can quit without a lot of support from family and friends.  My family was kind of there the first week then I was basically on my own and I found this site, it provides

8 minutes ago, Ankush said:

I did think of posting an SOS, but remembered reading a post somewhere by sarge that if the motivation comes from within, one shouldn't need to post in the SOS board (or something along those lines). So, I fought off the crave on my own, almost didn't but I did eventually fight it off. 

 

Sarge is only one voice here Ankush. I know from experience that the SOS works. I used it a couple times myself in the early days of my quit and I'm so glad I did. Yes, if you've set your mind to smoke you're going to smoke regardless but when you're to the point of looking for cigarettes then you owe it to yourself to post and let us try to help you through it.

  • Author
14 minutes ago, jillar said:

 

Sarge is only one voice here Ankush. I know from experience that the SOS works. I used it a couple times myself in the early days of my quit and I'm so glad I did. Yes, if you've set your mind to smoke you're going to smoke regardless but when you're to the point of looking for cigarettes then you owe it to yourself to post and let us try to help you through it.

@jillar Thank you, here's hoping that a crave like the one that hit me today doesn't re-occur. Maybe it will occur, maybe it won't but I hope it won't and if it does I will reach out to the SOS board.

I have seen countless of quits saved ,thanks to the SOS thread..

This is your quit A... you guard it ,with whatever help you need...there will always be someone here to help you through your problem ...

As Jillar said Sarge is only one person...who didn't need any help....

Many roads lead to Rome ....just make sure you get there.... Fight your way there if need be....this is your life and health your fighting for ..

Ankush that's amazing you fought off that crave. Well done 😀

 

If you want to post and SOS then do it. Living your quit by someone else's experience isn't necessary. This is your quit so do what is comfortable and necessary for you. 

  • Author
17 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

I have seen countless of quits saved ,thanks to the SOS thread..

This is your quit A... you guard it ,with whatever help you need...there will always be someone here to help you through your problem ...

As Jillar said Sarge is only one person...who didn't need any help....

Many roads lead to Rome ....just make sure you get there.... Fight your way there if need be....this is your life and health your fighting for ..

@Doreensfree I know sarge is just one person who didn't need the SOS board. I just thought there was something to learn from what he had said. I know everyone's quitting experience is different. I will use the SOS board as per yours and @jillar 's advice. I did have a couple of strong cravings today as well, but just did some breathing and lived through it. Didn't search for a cigarette like yesterday. :)

7 hours ago, Lilly said:

Ankush that's amazing you fought off that crave. Well done 😀

 

If you want to post and SOS then do it. Living your quit by someone else's experience isn't necessary. This is your quit so do what is comfortable and necessary for you. 

@Lilly Thank you :) 

  • Author
5 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Your doing great Ankush....we all take it one day at a time ...

@Doreensfree Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Glad your craves weren't as bad as yesterday ankush, you're doing great :)

@jillar Thank you!!!

Hi Ankush and welcome to the Quit Train.  Yes, you absolutely can quit with little to no support from family and friends.  If you want/need support, you can get it here.  Looks like you have your quit under way!  Congratulations and keep up the good work!!  :)

  • Author
4 hours ago, Pearlie said:

Hi Ankush and welcome to the Quit Train.  Yes, you absolutely can quit with little to no support from family and friends.  If you want/need support, you can get it here.  Looks like you have your quit under way!  Congratulations and keep up the good work!!  :)

@Pearlie Thank you :) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.