Funniest Quit Moment.....

notsmokinjo

So people.... we all know quitting can be hard... but it can be fun too... you get to meet new people, you get to laugh at sticks, you get to discover hiding internet research skills.... so regardless of if you are 1 day, 1 month, 1 year or 10 years (or more) quit there has to be at least one funny moment from your quit that even now when you think about it you laugh... it may be something someone posted.... it may be the way you responded to a crave and how silly it was in hindsight.... me I have a million to choose from, this Quit is littered with fun, funny and happy memories.... sure there is some yuck in there... but why waste energy focusing on the bad stuff lets shine a light on the good....

Its so hard to choose... there was the time I had a break down and stomped around the house ranting and raving about 1% and not statistic telling me I wont be successful.. when I typed that post I was so angry I am sure I sprained the tips of my fingers I was thumping the words out so hard. Now hysterical, wish someone had of video taped the crazy woman.... at the time nope.... but I am surprised the people in my house didn't call the folks with the straight jackets.... hahahaha... so funny now.

Then there was the time I sat at the door rocking back and forth because I really wanted a coffee and I couldn't have one because I had to have nil by mouth for a medical test and Junky me was claiming smokes were nil by mouth so they were acceptable.... all night long.... now, at 11 months quit... that's funny... at the time, NOPE... it was a really close call.

Or there are hours of answer a question with a question where I had tears running down my face... explaining my Pineapple experiment to Barry.... and seriously Who is Shane????? so many laughs....

Oh there are the hours of comedians I watched on youtube.... hours of them...best crave beater was laughter...

• Like 3

Hard to chose for me too. I think one of the funniest moments when I was in my first year was the Humor thread that @Hope2Nope talked about not long ago. We somehow started talking about gas and I was telling everyone my hubbys theory of what makes a stinky fart. Awww, good times lol. 

Unfortunately that was one thread I was unable to bring over ?

Another funny one by far is the ask a stupid question thread, some of those answers brought tears to my eyes!Great post jo :)

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

and then it blew up with the funniest sticks and comments ever.... I have one word for you all.... MEGADONG......

God, @Doreensfree never ending garden? good times in stick alley...

(Don't go there much anymore tho, got weird, stickless and making fun of obese people which is not my bag at. all.)

My personal funny is when I first quit and my husband made a big deal about quitting too, but he "needed" nicorette to use at work. Well, he kept leaving his pack of cigarettes in his pants or on the headboard and it just wore me out that he thought he could keep up this charade.

One day, I had to use his truck (he keeps his stash in the door panel) and there was like 3 packs in there...like 4 in one pack, 10 in another and a full one...and quite coincidentally a FULL unopened nicorette package.

I dumped all the cigarettes in the console and put sections of the gum in each empty cigarette pack and put them back in the door panel.

Well, he finally "had to run to the store"...you guys know the drill...when he came home, he was chomping gums and pissy. Oh, man? I loved it.

The whole day he stomped and slammed and bit*hed...finally I asked him "Did you even look in the console?"

I'd never seen him move that fast!? 

Never found another pack of cigarettes in the house again tho!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And, you would think he would learn from putting them in the door panel, but nooooo...one night we were on the porch, having a couple of drinks, enjoying the coolness of the on-coming rain when it came a bad storm; hail, lightning, the works. 

So, being hill billys, we just moved the party into the truck so we could listen to some music and still enjoy the rain.

This guy leaves his door open during the storm and we're a little buzzed so didn't think anything of it. 

The next morning he brings in a mostly full pack that's disintegrating from the flooded door panel? 

I just laughed and told him "That's your sign!" He quit that day and from what I know hasn't had one since.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sted 2 hours ago

3 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

and then it blew up with the funniest sticks and comments ever.... I have one word for you all.... MEGADONG......

God, @Doreensfree never ending garden? good times in stick alley...

(Don't go there much anymore tho, got weird, stickless and making fun of obese people which is not my bag at. all

This has been one of the funniest threads for me too....and I agree it has been led astray...I will go back in to my garden ,and see what's been growing. @c9jane29...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad I told those stories yesterday...it reminded me how happy I am that husband included me in his quit process this time around...so I cleaned out his truck, even windex the inside of the windows :) Rewards are important!!

Edited by c9jane29
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, c9jane29 said:

I'm glad I told those stories yesterday...it reminded me how happy I am that husband included me in his quit process this time around...so I cleaned out his truck, even windex the inside of the windows :) Rewards are important!!

Did he think you were just checking up on him?....LOL.....

5 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Did he think you were just checking up on him?....LOL....

? Probably...I had already grilled him pretty hard after he went out to the burn pile; I immediately thought cigarettes when I smelled it on him.

He checked out tho...this time?

• Haha 1