Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Happy Hour Bar & Grill

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Whispers said:

MING = wow... Im a ginzo, ming can also mean mean F-ck you see that MING

we also got some lingo you cant google, like to fit someone for a suit ...

This is why on Sundees you should play Topic of the Day A-Z cos Sundee is always slang fest, but there are never any Sepos (please not lack of expletive) who come play with us.

2 minutes ago, Whispers said:

MING = wow... Im a ginzo, ming can also mean mean F-ck you see that MING

we also got some lingo you cant google, like to fit someone for a suit ...

This is why on Sundees you should play Topic of the Day A-Z cos Sundee is always slang fest, but there are never any Sepos (please not lack of expletive) who come play with us.

  • Replies 173
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I hate to be that guy, but I'm still doing the no booze thing.   I'll be the one at the end of the bar drinking green juice and occasionally working in a set of push-ups.

  • Hope2Nope
    Hope2Nope

    Thanks @jillar. Finally some place where I can be myself  Cheers everybody!  

  • notsmokinjo
    notsmokinjo

    @Boo I think the tubs full.  

Posted Images

That other "mingin" nope but thats a new one for me. I'm 100% pure Sicilian, we got some slang but Ming 90% of the times means wow or excited .. Ming is not used as much in a negative way among Italians, when it comes to food ming is good.. 

 

 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mingya    

You gotta say MING and use the hands for a full effect of the word

 

^^^^ If you don't use your hands when saying almost anything ................. you're NOT Italian ?

 

1 minute ago, reciprocity said:

^^^^ If you don't use your hands when saying almost anything ................. you're NOT Italian ?

 

 

Aussie Italians don't use it, well at least not in my area (huge Italian community, lots of market gardeners)... but then again... the first time one did some aussie probably went... "Why you calling me mums food cvnt? You saying me mums a cvnt?" and poor Italian bloke probably went... "No, I was saying wow (voice in his head, 'yeah wow what's this crap, mashed up white goo and mashed up green goo and charcoal sausages'), you know ming".... then the Aussie went "Yeah, nah mate.. not 'ere. 'Ere if ya goin wow cos the foods shit 'ot then ya gotta go "Gouse" (cos were in Victoria) cos a ming is a frickin cvnt, yeah? right?" .... and never again was that mistake made. :D

1 minute ago, notsmokinjo said:

Aussie Italians don't use it, well at least not in my area (huge Italian community, lots of market gardeners)... but then again... the first time one did some aussie probably went... "Why you calling me mums food cvnt? You saying me mums a cvnt?" and poor Italian bloke probably went... "No, I was saying wow (voice in his head, 'yeah wow what's this crap, mashed up white goo and mashed up green goo and charcoal sausages'), you know ming".... then the Aussie went "Yeah, nah mate.. not 'ere. 'Ere if ya goin wow cos the foods shit 'ot then ya gotta go "Gouse" (cos were in Victoria) cos a ming is a frickin cvnt, yeah? right?" .... and never again was that mistake made. :D

i looked it up mingin and it is stinky smelly the way u spelled it. There's lingo im sure everyone does use so that only those in the loop know what is being said. Ming is known by most out here, first for everything but first time it was something so off. Italain would just call someone a twat if they didnt want to say cvnt

 

This is what i looked up

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mingin'

I had a mustache when i was around 17 my mother hated it and called me TWAT MOUTH till i shaved it... Thats how it is/was lol

^ But we all speak English yeah?... lol... that's the Glasgow version which is more prevalent and applies here in the wonderful land of Aus too... then we have regional ones... plus we take on anyone who comes here's words and mould them to suit ourselves... most strines (bogan aussies) can swear at you in at least 10 languages or dialects of english... we even have words that mean something in one state and nothing anywhere else in the world... like Grouse.. grouse means wow, awesome, fantastic...real frickin good... if your in victoria... everywhere else in the world it is a frickin bird. Its just interesting the differences. See we don't really use twat, its there in the vocab list but its just not really used much... other words can have about 50 meanings and it all depends on phrase and context.... AND NOW we have become to two drunk dicks at the end of the bar have a drunk quasi-philosophical discussion about something completely pointless... yeah I think Jillar needs to take at least one of us of tap.... its certainly a real bloody pub now though.

1 minute ago, notsmokinjo said:

^ But we all speak English yeah?... lol... that's the Glasgow version which is more prevalent and applies here in the wonderful land of Aus too... then we have regional ones... plus we take on anyone who comes here's words and mould them to suit ourselves... most strines (bogan aussies) can swear at you in at least 10 languages or dialects of english... we even have words that mean something in one state and nothing anywhere else in the world... like Grouse.. grouse means wow, awesome, fantastic...real frickin good... if your in victoria... everywhere else in the world it is a frickin bird. Its just interesting the differences. See we don't really use twat, its there in the vocab list but its just not really used much... other words can have about 50 meanings and it all depends on phrase and context.... AND NOW we have become to two drunk dicks at the end of the bar have a drunk quasi-philosophical discussion about something completely pointless... yeah I think Jillar needs to take at least one of us of tap.... its certainly a real bloody pub now though.

LMAO, we all speak English . In real life the different slang/terms if you dont get it the body language tells you if its a F U or not. On the net and in a text there is no soul in it so its all perception, so sometimes a person may not understand and ask and other times its a good way to find out if someone just dont like you.  

^^Agree... although here's a tip from me... if I'm hangin shit on ya, then ya sweet an I consider ya me mate, cos thats what you do, psychologically torture ya mates by hangin shit on em all the time... that's sane ans normal yeah?.... they more reserved an polite I am around ya the more chance I'm not a fan. If i'm not pokin the bear then I don't really care either way.

4 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

^^Agree... although here's a tip from me... if I'm hangin shit on ya, then ya sweet an I consider ya me mate, cos thats what you do, psychologically torture ya mates by hangin shit on em all the time... that's sane ans normal yeah?.... they more reserved an polite I am around ya the more chance I'm not a fan. If i'm not pokin the bear then I don't really care either way.

Its the same here, its busting ya friends chops/balls // Like WTF is a Jillar and why  that goofy duck or whatever it is in the profile pic lol

Edited by Whispers

@jillar what does it mean and @notsmokinjo based on that drunk duck in pic she needs to be cut off...... lol

10 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Its the same here, its busting ya friends chops/balls // Like WTF is a Jillar and why  that goofy duck or whatever it is in the profile pic lol

You don't like my booby???? Weeeeeelllll I had an unintentionally racist avatar (I thought it was an obvious sport reference.. clearly not)... and people wanted me to change... a lot of people said it was offensive and wanted me to change it, so i did... then I had a too weird to understand avatar that some animal lover took offence too  ... so in the conversation that followed I called myself a boob (bumbling fool, bit of an idiot) and someone posted a pic of a blue footed boobie and I've used that ever since....

 

1 minute ago, jillar said:

And I was just about to give you guys a shot on the house @notsmokinjo and @Whispers!

Can I have a Jam Doughnut... I feel like a Jam Doughnut shot.

  • Author

Jillar is a play on my cat Dillar's name. He was the first cat I rescued when I got my first apartment and wasn't weaned so I bottle fed him for two weeks. He was my boo and I was his mamma. His ashes are in a bookcase so he can be scattered with me lol.

 

Now how about a shot for the house :)

il_fullxfull.909662959_5loj.jpg

Edited by jillar

^^ I'm game if Whispers is... but carrots always come back up... carrots and corn, so if its funky girl you'll be cleaning it.

Just now, notsmokinjo said:

^^ I'm game if Whispers is... but carrots always come back up... carrots and corn, so if its funky girl you'll be cleaning it.

I'm in, Salute!

 

@jillar ... race 7 @ Doomben tomorrow (Queensland Derby) ... #6 Californian Turbo ... its a bit of a long shot and if it wasn't racing outta barrier 13 I'd be havin a flutter BUT I'll have me money on the favourite #1 Dark Dream cos that's what I've been havin (yep goin with me a chicky omen bet).

 

Hows that for a tip?

Edited by notsmokinjo

41 minutes ago, jillar said:

Jillar is a play on my cat Dillar's name. He was the first cat I rescued when I got my first apartment and wasn't weaned so I bottle fed him for two weeks. He was my boo and I was his mamma. His ashes are in a bookcase so he can be scattered with me lol.

 

Now how about a shot for the house :)

il_fullxfull.909662959_5loj.jpg

 

First carrot I have ever seen that I would actually eat (or , drink?)!

Edited by reciprocity

^ It wasn't me... I'm not playing with matches.... uh uh ... no no no...

Edited by notsmokinjo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.