May 9, 20188 yr Author Change of theme .... Sad Songs.... sad for whatever reason you can justify.... S was had I had two to choose from but I may get the other up later... "Strange Fruit" - Billie Holiday ... probably one of the greatest protest songs every written.... but so sad and poignant from the very first note Nina Simone does a decent cover but noone ever sang it like Lady Day.... this song was actually banned for a while.
May 9, 20188 yr With apologies if there is an obvious X out there, but I can't conjure one up Whereever I Lay My Hat - Paul Young
May 9, 20188 yr Author ^^ not my post was for the retrospective X.... here is my Z Sad Jane - Frank Zappa (so its not really a song, its instrumental but its called SAD so I'm claiming it.)
May 9, 20188 yr Author ^^^ I would have gone with the Armageddon one... but meh.. There'll Be Sad Songs - Billy Ocean
May 10, 20188 yr Author Edan's Song - The Dead Salesmen (this was written when a friend od'd to play at his funeral)
May 10, 20188 yr Author Fade Into You - Mazzy Star Fathers Day - Wedding, Parties, Anything Edited May 10, 20188 yr by notsmokinjo
May 10, 20188 yr Author Heaven's Only Days Down the Road - Shelby Lynne Written about her dad murdering her mum her mum and shooting himself.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.