Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This Time Next Week...

Featured Replies

My girls will be seventeen already, honestly doesn't seem five minutes ago since they were seven.

 

Both happy hard working young ladies, both have got Saturday jobs. Will both be working over the Christmas period, and their birthday, which will seem strange them not being around. Both had a great year as they had their GCSE exams, in Summer, worked hard and both got eleven GCSE passes each. So proud and pleased about their work ethic.

 

Lucy was finally diagnosed with Thyroid issues late Summer, after me having a few run ins with the doctor. Bloods revealed the problem, on medication and now like a totally different person...amazing. Guys, don't be fobbed off by your doctor, like I was for years, the old 'it's a teenage thing'

 

Both starting driving lessons next year..gulp...excited for them though too. Love them both so much and just can't believe where the years have gone.

Aww Sharon..your so right time flashes by so fast..I carnt believe my kids are grown up adults..

To me they are still my babies..

They are both doing well and you are mama proud...

I know all too well the distress of a out of sinc thyroid...

I had thyroid trouble about 3 years back..mine wasn't working at all...it effects the body in a bad way..

Yes a simple blood test..and meds to regulate it ..solve the problem..and then regular blood tests...xxx

Happy birthday to your girls!...

 

I remember when you were struggling with the Dr.'s and trying to find the cause of her problems....I'm glad for her that it is now under control.

 

I must have not been paying attention to your past posts......I didn't realize you had twin girls!..... Enjoy them, they grow up way to fast!

  • Author

Thanks both Doreen and Joe, you're right Joe they do...too fast.

happy birthday to your girls!! 

 

always our babies

  • Author

happy birthday to your girls!! 

 

always our babies

Thank you and they sure are.

I'm sorry to hear she had to go through that! Never ever, be put up with 'it's mental' or 'it's a teenage thing', I had surgery twice and the surgeon lied that it was a success - 4 years of depression and telling m I couldn't have pain... I came to another orthopeed saying no wonder youé in pain both hips were badly corrected in surgery... he tried to fix them. Anyway My point is be proud of your daughter and believe in what your body says even in they can't find anything or they say so 
You sound like a great mom!!! And you have some tough, awesome kids!! They grow up, before you know it :)

  • Author

I'm sorry to hear she had to go through that! Never ever, be put up with 'it's mental' or 'it's a teenage thing', I had surgery twice and the surgeon lied that it was a success - 4 years of depression and telling m I couldn't have pain... I came to another orthopeed saying no wonder youé in pain both hips were badly corrected in surgery... he tried to fix them. Anyway My point is be proud of your daughter and believe in what your body says even in they can't find anything or they say so 

You sound like a great mom!!! And you have some tough, awesome kids!! They grow up, before you know it :)

Thanks Evelyn, it's so very sad now as I've lost trust in my doctor. They are tough cookies...I'm very proud.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.