Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jumped back on the train

Featured Replies

  • Author

Hi all I've got to 1 week and feel great.

 

Had a lovely weekend, enjoyed the party so pleased that I went as if was a fun night.

 

The walk with the dogs was a really eye opener for me, I never realized how much the smoking used to control my walks, working out when I could be able to stop for my next smoke, not being able to walk for long without having to stop for a break.

 

The dogs and I had a wonderful time, walked a lot further than I normally would and found that I had more time to look around and actually enjoy my surrounding. It would be true to say that when we got to bed last night we all had a lovely sleep.

 

So pleased that this time I seem to be so much stronger and the quit doesn't seem to be playing on my mind, getting myself prepared and ready for this really has helped, looking forward to 2 weeks

YOU are having a spectacular quit !  

The planning, the thought, the contingencies...all of these things you do insure success.

Your quit is a beautiful flower unfolding.

Everyday will bring new delights but, don't be thrown off by a sudden crave out of nowhere...these are the dying embers of addiction. 

Stay vigilant and empowered and Have FUN.

S

  • Author

Day 10, yes I've reach double figures

 

Had a bit of a bumpy ride yesterday, but got through it. 

 

Going well today, got the house sorted, cooked a big pan of leek and potato soap, made an apple crumble so now it time for lunch then out for a walk with the dogs.

 

I am feeling good and am finding that I have more time for things than I used to have.

 

Loving this smoke free life.

Yay, Day 10 !  Congratulations to you.  You did right yesterday, posting an SOS and i am so glad you powered through.

The craves and triggers will fade, you needn't fear them.  You have quit smoking !

Today, a brand new Smoke  Free Day.  Yum, leek/potato soup.

Have Fun and don't forget to reward yourself.

I love seeing your posts.......

 

You give me motivation.  

Day 11 nearing completion for you, D.  Congratulations.

I can imagine your family being So proud of you.

Hold on to your resolve and come here for lots and lots of encouragement.

You are a star.

S

  • Author

Had a fabulous and productive day in the garden, moving plants and rearranging the lay out. 

 

Never had to stop to get my breathe like I normally would, and got a lot more done than I normally would,  loving all this new energy and life that this quit is giving me.

 

Hopefully its a nice day tomorrow do that I can sort out the front garden before the weather changes and winter begins.

 

Then I think it might be time to decorate the kitchen as I've been putting it of for ages, plus with the money I'm saving can get the wall paper that I want not the one I can afford, at this rate I will get all the things I have wanted to do completed in no time.

 

Loving my life at the moment couldn't be happier.

I love your quit too !  It is really inspiring.

In your spare time, when you are resting from your ambitious new projects, :)

would you be kind enough to post some of your tips

on this thread, Quit Tool Boxes

and also,

Your First Days, Nicotine Free.

These collections of our anecdotal evidence are really helpful.

 

Have a Great weekend.

Stay aware, protect your quit.  Have more Fun.

Thinking about you, D.  Please let us know what is happening.  You can give us good news or bad, just know we are available.

I'm hoping everything is OK.  Smoking or not smoking.

Please let us know how you are.  :mellow:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.