Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Smoking laws change in UK

Featured Replies

Really, wow! I hope those god awful messages are still allowed on the packaging though, they used to really creep me out!

Definitely a good step but sadly I'm not sure the big tobacco companies will be affected too much but if at least one person quit because of it then that's a good result :)

 

Will they have the same rules for e cigarettes?

Here's the info -

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36329053/whats-going-on-with-cigarette-packets-as-menthol-cigarettes-are-banned-from-2020

 

No more 10 packs (I didn't know this), and menthol to be banned by 2020.

 

There is something in there about e-cigarettes Tracey, about limiting the amount of something-or-other. I can't be too hard on e-cigs, as my dad has used them to quit real cigs... So for the time being, I can't complain too much :good:

I'm on the fence with e cigarettes, if used to quit real cigarettes it's a good thing but I feel they are too enticing for kids to start and to hide the fact!

 

I know for sure if they were around in my day I would have tried them maybe even earlier then when I started to smoke the only alternatives around then were herbals which I tried at age 12 and they put me off until I was 14 and in real rebel land.

 

But all being said the new packaging and laws looks a good step in the right direction and we have to be grateful for that x

I too am on the fence about e-cigs.

My brother used one to quit smoking = pro

My brother puffs on the damn thing constantly = con

They don't contain all the other nasties of cigs = pro

Lord knows what effect they do have = con

They may be a useful quitting aid = pro

There are glamorous shops with funky lighting and modern backdrops popping up in every town with gorgeous enticing flavours Apple! Strawberry! Vanilla! Which will attract young kids more than even the cig. = big con

My mum uses an ecig, she's 67 and her copd is 95% better. She can breath better and walk much further without getting out of breath. I'm all for them if used like my mum does. :)

(Only cold turkey worked for me but each to their own)

Ps didn't even realise about the cig laws here but all good if it stops someone starting.

eeuu smoking.  Especially menthol. My throat feels sick just thinking about it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.