I smoked a cigarette

Karen

I don't think that anyone here could claim to have quit on the first try :D

It took me 5 "tries" although to be honest I wasn't really quitting I was just doing that to prove that I can or to show someone that I can...that never works.

Sgt. Barney quit first run out of the gate.  Many others have as well.  I wasn't one of them, but there are plenty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzA2zgpYIBw

Smokers are constantly told that they have to quit multiple times before they are likely to succeed. This video explains that while the majority of smokers do have many failed attempts before pulling off a successful quit, it is not inevitable that this will occur. There is one thing that any smoker can do to make their current quit the one that lasts forever.

Related videos:

-"Don't let a slip put you back to using"

-Is relapse a natural part of the addiction process?

-If this is your first time quitting

-Is relapsing on nicotine a good learning experience

-"I know too much about smoking to ever be able to relapse"

Note: Original one day title of this video was "Smokers have to quit multiple times before they will succeed." Reason being, it was recorded and released on April 1. It is a message that could be interpreted as an April Fool's joke, yet unfortunately it is a title that is believed by most professionals in the tobacco control field.

Sorry, but I have to be honest here. About an hour ago I smoked one of husbands cigs after he went to bed. No excuse here, Just confessing. It is what it is. And it sucks :(

I had a couple of false starts and one major relapse.  Each time I came back more determined to be done for good. Don't give up. 

You have completely re-awakened the addiction, but you can but it back to bed.   Yes, smoking sucks.  Be done.