April 11, 201511 yr I had some extra time after my work-out at the track and gym today, before my Brain-Zaps. I decided I would have a bowl of "friendly lady's restaurant" home made soup, in the basement of doc's building, in the high-rent section of town. I parked my car on the street that I always park on, that has 2 hours of parking allowed. Took out 4 dollars of change, fed the meter for the two hours. All that registered on the clock was 90 minutes. Thinking that I must have fed the change too quickly, I gave it another dollar's worth of change. It remained at 90 minutes. I was angry then, and smacked the meter. I had a closer look at the meter then. The meter on the pole for the person parked behind me, said in small letters, "2 hours maximum" but mine stated "90 minutes maximum". I looked up at the sign on the street by the front of my car, Yep, it said 2 hour parking. I looked at the curb, to see if there was anything special painted on it where I had parked, but it was just bare concrete. I smacked the meter a second time when I realized, I was again the victim, of yet another "dummy"! (two meters on a pole with one for 2 hours, and mine for 90 minutes). I had my soup, fed the meter some more, and went up for the "Zaps". I was sitting strapped in the reclining like-dental chair, when doc walked in and said from outside my vantage point: "What happened here? He tapped my right hand. I brought it to where I could see it, and saw that I now have 3 big bruises on the back of hand and knuckles, (I bruise easily, now). I said, "Dummies Doc ... Dummies. They're Everywhere!". Doc said, "Are you fighting with them?" I relayed an abridged story to him. He never said anything else. So, not being able to see him, to see what his expression might be that could tell me what he was thinking, I tried for humor and said, "You know doc. "I've", never made a mistake in my whole life!" I heard doc chuckle as he patted me on the shoulder. As doc walked out of the office, he said, "We'll see you next week, Mike". I don't know if that is going to impact my evaluation on Monday, negatively or positively. I guess I will find out. Dummies ...
April 11, 201511 yr Just woke up haven't got a clue, reached out and grabbed the fly spray instead :( Back later with a better flavour
April 11, 201511 yr Drinking in dive bar years ago. Chick working sprays bug spray at those fruit fleas and gets me and a buddy. He says I should be dead cause it's bug spray and I was a pest. Was funny at time. He had enough and took his life a year or so ago. We had an informal wake at same dive bar and the story was brought up. Still made us smile and laugh.
April 11, 201511 yr Take revenge, brother. Cool Hand Luke style. lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bneviIHiIKs
April 12, 201511 yr found some dont worry Mike I will join you, shift along so I can get in :) bakon sorry your buddy checked out early :(
April 13, 201511 yr town im in took out all the parking meters out about 4 years ago so free parking all over town . no time limit
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.