Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Free amazon download for today only!

Featured Replies

Through Twitter I discovered this author and her book. Quit or Die Trying it is a memoir of her quit smoking journey. I am enjoying it and can relate with her on so many things. Here is the link in case you guys want to download it.. it is free today! 

http://www.amazon.com/Quit-Die-Trying-Alison-Beard-ebook/dp/B00OPCHF9I/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418759772&sr=8-1&keywords=quit+or+die+trying

Thank you so much! I love reading, (although lately my head can't focus) but I just downloaded it and will begin trying to read it immediately! 

Just had it delivered to my Ipad and the price was right. Thanks DD   :)

  • Author

Gosh there are parts in her book where I just wish she would have been a member here while she was going through it. 

  • Author

Good spot DD and thanks for sharing. Currently about half way through and have learnt a thing or two. Didn't know nicotine levels had quietly been increased in ciggies the last few years. That's kinda sick.

I was talking about that recently with MQ (before this book) and have been researching it to share with you guys. It is nauseating how Big Tobacco trapped us. 

  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished this yesterday - it was a very good memoir.

 

The author is on twitter and quite lovely and even gave a shout out to quit train!

  • Author

I just finished this yesterday - it was a very good memoir.

 

The author is on twitter and quite lovely and even gave a shout out to quit train!

Yes! I have interacted with Alison a bit. She is a lovely person and her memoir was wonderful. 

  • 2 weeks later...

I finished this today.

 

I will drop Alison a line. Some of the stuff really touched me. I do get the impression that there is a certain amount of 'abstinence' going on. An incredible journey, but for me, I was not convinced that she has understood the whole trap (the Allen Carr theory if you like).

 

Do you know what I mean?

  • Author

I finished this today.

I will drop Alison a line. Some of the stuff really touched me. I do get the impression that there is a certain amount of 'abstinence' going on. An incredible journey, but for me, I was not convinced that she has understood the whole trap (the Allen Carr theory if you like).

Do you know what I mean?

Yes a lot of it was abstinence. I think that she lurks and reads here. She is a follower of the QT on twitter.

My take was - and I could be wrong here - there is a chance she still thinks that a cigarette offers something.  Maybe that was just at first quit though.

I literally had to follow Allen Carr's instructions for a long time and say out loud each morning, "yippee! I'm a non smoker."  Hey, it worked though.

I just hope she is also feeling that elation for not being a slave to cigs anymore.

Not just me who made whacky exclamations at odd times then...

 

I'm sure there are people near me who believe that there is a fat guy with Tourette's who walks his dog every morning!

 

I'm going to drop Alison a line, I really enjoyed the memoir.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.