Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

feel'n my age

Featured Replies

  Yes, I've quit smoking around 4 months ago, but just returned from a trip to Snowshoe, WV.  The twentysomething crowd was riding their bikes down the mountain and grabbing the skilift up with there bikes.  Looked like fun but I'm afraid my energy level and skills forbid it.  

 

  I wouldn't say I'm in to the evening of my life, maybe late afternoon.  However, I'm forever grateful that I quit smoking and look forward to watching the youth of this land exploring and achieving all of there dreams and adventures.  I have a few left myself, excluding riding a mountain bike down a mountain.

 

 

  Did not see many smokers there.  So I do believe, if you stay active, no desire to smoke is very achievable.

 

 

  Good night, and all be well!

Exactly keep active and young at heart :)

 

Good to see you STEELWALKER and your 4 month quit is awesome

Of course there's always exceptions, however on the whole that sounds plausible.  We were more content to sit and do little while we smoked. Now it's fun finding the bits we were missing :) xx

Morning steel walker.....

For me......quitting smoking has given me so much more energy.....I lfeel about 20years younger now.....

I do ride a bike....ok...I admit.....not down a mountain......

I do my qi gong......sort of chai chi......

I power walk......

I did none of these things when I smoked,.....

Your as old as feel.....and there's life in this old gal yet......

Age is only a number......

Hugs

Sounds like you are doing great in your quit. Life does seem to fly by sometimes, but at least we can all say we are free from now on :)

I agree 100% that if you stay active you won't want to smoke.  For me, the reverse is also true...when I quit smoking, my energy level went through the roof...I just want to do everything. lol.  I'm glad you feel like exploring a few more dreams and adventures.  Congratulations on 4 months!

Congrats on 4 months!!!!! :)

 

We may not be as young as we used to be, but we don't have to road bike down a mountain to enjoy our new smoke free lives.  Walks, hikes, running, working out at the gym - are all a great way to celebrate too.  Not everyone is a mountain biker :)

 

Enjoy your freedom!!!! :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.