Go Take a Hike

NADA

Are you beginning to feel like you're fused to your couch?  Do you consider making it through an entire streaming Netflix series an actual accomplishment?  You may not be able to go to the gym or participate in an exercise class, but there is another alternative.  Hiking.  There are so many benefits to a good hike.  You can choose anything from easy to strenuous.  Flat to steep.  And not only are you getting physical exercise, you're also able to take a mental hiatus from the incessant pandemic news.

There are several apps that help you choose a local trail.  They'll even warn you if you start wandering off track.  They'll tell you how far you've gone, your pace, and your elevation gain.  Some of the more popular free ones are AllTrails,  TrailLink, and Cairn.

Get up, get out, and put those smoke-free lungs to good use.

Edited by BKP
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Rozuki said:

I am starting to hike....going down to NC at end of this month!

There is great hiking in the Tar Heel State.

Cataloochee Valley is one of my favorite regions of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Linville Gorge is one of my favorite places on the planet.

Have fun out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Linville Gorge is on the list...great article on it in the magazine "Our State" a few months back! I will have to look up the Cataloochee Valley...😷

• Like 2