Study finds association between vaping and cardiovascular problems

I just want to clarify something.  I love those ads on TV, telling kids what happens to people when they smoke cigarettes.  And those ads have made a positive difference in America's smoking problem.  But when people propose using brutally honest ads to warn kids about opiates, there's a group in the background, blubbering about "not stigmatizing addiction."   Well, nobody's trying to stigmatize addiction.  Warning kids with the blunt truth is a nice thing to do!!!  Giving kids real-life information is the best way to help them!!  Anyway, the lack of common sense in my country blows my mind.  Sorry for venting!!!   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Icanhike said:

I just want to clarify something.  I love those ads on TV, telling kids what happens to people when they smoke cigarettes.  And those ads have made a positive difference in America's smoking problem.  But when people propose using brutally honest ads to warn kids about opiates, there's a group in the background, blubbering about "not stigmatizing addiction."   Well, nobody's trying to stigmatize addiction.  Warning kids with the blunt truth is a nice thing to do!!!  Giving kids real-life information is the best way to help them!!  Anyway, the lack of common sense in my country blows my mind.  Sorry for venting!!!   

I was heartened to read in my local newspaper this week (yes, we still get a local newspaper - ink on paper :) ) that our regional school board is organizing a series of Information Sessions for senior school students regarding the possible health concerns surrounding vaping. They have recognized that vaping is being promoted to this age group as a socially acceptable thing to do if not the "cool" thing to do and are concerned that this generation of students are at risk of nicotine addiction. They have also committed funds to change all existing No Smoking signage on school properties to include "No Vaping" as well. Glad to see they are being proactive on the vaping issue.

• Like 3

Yeah, these ads are on the right track.  The people in the Parents of Heroin Addicts group have all had the same experiences as my family, and we could add some things to those ads.  But they're pretty good.  

• Like 2