September 29, 20188 yr 4 minutes ago, pottanramu said: Sorry , i misread the thread , i thought he was still struggling with the smoking habit I knew you didn't know pottanramu and I hope I didn't get too heavy. I am so glad you quit smoking and look forward to your success !
September 29, 20188 yr Drink some water, take a walk, take a screaming shower or scream into a pillow, go find some beauty to look at (that flower or the light on that leaf). Know that craves only last a few minutes...if that. Breath beautiful oxygen ! Breath deep and purposeful. Put a smile on your face....even a fake smile will stimulate endorphins. Eat an orange, twist the skin and smell . You will beat this and any other crave that comes your way.
September 29, 20188 yr 21 minutes ago, pottanramu said: I don't want to hijack someone else's thread . so i will keep it short . I was drinking tea but to be honest its not helping much . So once again i had to eat one more nicotine gum to kill the cravings .It worked . In my experience a nicotine gum can kill the cravings for at least 2 hours Thanks for the replies and advice's , i don't want to mess up somebody else's thread This is it!! This is quitting!! The ONLY past the cravings is thru them head first running screaming...the first 3 days of detox SUCK but after you get thru; you NEVER have to do it again. Start reading about nicotine addiction and you will learn it's all in your mind and who controls your mind? YOU!
September 29, 20188 yr 6 minutes ago, pottanramu said: Believe it or not , i really want to run and scream But since i have a two year old girl i can't do that , lol I have alot of kids...I do alot of screaming. That little girls pretty face should be in your mind 24/7. If you do this right, she will never remember that you smoked. And, when she's old enough to make the decision to smoke or not, she will have a dad that can help teach her Nope. Maybe if people like you and me work together, we can raise these kids to never put death in their mouths. Edited September 29, 20188 yr by c9jane29
September 29, 20188 yr One month is harder to reach than one year. Those of us who have been around a while have seen several people come and go. Some of them last a day or two then just give up. Some though will last several weeks, things look good for them, and then they just relapse. Try not to be one of those who comes in, is all hyped about quitting, then just gives up and goes back to cancer sticks. What kept me hanging on was the realization that if I could go a few days without smoking, I could go as long as i wanted. After nearly a month, one should think, "This ain't nothing! I can cruise through this life without smoking no problems." Besides, cigarettes are just a pain in the ass that one can do without. Edited September 29, 20188 yr by Jet Black
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.