Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

Featured Replies

  • Author

SWITEROO ...... The New Topic is Movies You Wish You Never Had To See.... (or see again, and again, and again...)

 

You've Got Mail .... would rather of had my teeth pulled out one by one with pliers.

 

 

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 133.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • notsmokinjo
    notsmokinjo

    Virginity.... but at least chicks get to keep the box it came in.

  • Wee fluffy me
    Wee fluffy me

    Hot hot hot chillies...   Cos the lack of a serious toilet could get a bit messy...??

  • notsmokinjo
    notsmokinjo

    @Wee fluffy me please tell me that's one of your pets?   White.... and here's a picture of a polar bear having relations with an albino horse in the snow:          

Posted Images

  • Author

^^ Yes agree..

 

A Cry In The Dark (Evil Angels) - Meryl Streep failing at an Aussie accent, cringe from woe to go.

  • Author

I was originally agreeing with Sslip... but I really agree with Weegie... omg I had wiped that movies existence from my memory banks.... so it bad luck to change a double post.... so B is up for grabs by everyone except me... cos I posted last.... and yes, yes I am just making the rules up as I go along... isn't it fun?

Breaking Dawn part one. 

 

Specifically part one. I was dragged along to them all, but at the end of this one was a true WTF moment. Cynical spinning out of a story to cash in. 

  • Author

^^^Shhhhh I hid those dvd's at the back, at the bottom.... don't mention them or they will get into the shark week rotation.

 

The Cars That Ate Parish ... supposedly a Peter Weir's First Movie and a Cult Classic... i musta missed the memo or I just wasn't the right age to appreciate wotever is supposedly so good about it.

 

 

  • Author

Switcheroo..... MOVIES ... specifically movies you are glad you saw, love or could watch again and again and again....

 

The Endless Summer

(Makes the list due to the memories of times watching and the people I watched it with)

 

Hudson Hawk - Okay so maybe this says more about me than the quality of the film. It got panned, it's a a bit of fluff, it's a bit silly, but I enjoy it.

 

512ffamcK4L._SY445_.jpg

 

Andie MacDowell as a dolphin is funny

 

 

  • Author

The Indian in the Cupboard... I know its a kid flick but it is a really frickin good one.

  • Author

^^ I have never seen it from start to finish... I've seen the start .... I've seen the finish .... I've just never seen it all together...

 

The Killing Fields.

Lethal Weapon (most any of them except 2)

 

250px-LethalWeaponseries.jpg

  • Author

SWITCHEROO...SWITCHEROO..... is Sundee... and that means its SLANG FEST.... hopefully some of the yanks come and play today.... would be nice to hear wot they can put on the table....

 

As I am hopeful of some new players here's the rules, well its pretty simple, answers have to be in alphabetical order, so the one before this was a P... this is a Q... so next should be R.... rule exemptions:

* A, The, Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms are invisible words and don't so you use the first letter of the word after it.

* If songs is the theme, you can either have the first letter of the song title OR the first letter of the band name OR the first letter of either the firstname or surname of the artist.

* SLOX applies, that's Sslips Law Of X... its algebra, x='a number' ... so you can use a number instead of x

* double posts both count... its bad luck to switch ya answer, cos i said so, and you just keep going.

* new rules can be invented at anytime

 

SO.... Q.....

 

Queen of Sheeba ... a chick who thinks she is all that and then some but she aint nothin spesh.... "Who does she think she is, the Queen a Bloody Sheeba"

 

 

Edited by notsmokinjo
Added rules for newbies.

^^^ yep we use same here Jo ?

 

(Can't remember if I've used this one..)

 

Rammy = fight, commotion, punch up 

 

 

Here slippy, is Jo awright? she was caught in the middle of a right rammy at the dancin last night..!

 

  • Author

Spewin ... so depends on the context... it can mean to be disappointed, it can also mean to be vomiting...

 

I'm frickin spewin that at saintas are havin such a frick crap season. (I am very disappointed that Saint Kilda are performing so poorly this season)

 

I'm frickin crook as, I've bin spewin me guts out all frickin day. (I am unwell. I have been vomiting on and off all day)

My my we are so alike yep spewin same terms here.?

 

Tattie - bogle  = scarecrow 

 

(It's old scots word rather than slang)

  • Author

Up Ya Bum - a way of saying "Cheers" usually before shots

Edited by notsmokinjo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.