Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ricki M

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricki M

  1. Nope
  2. nope
  3. Nope
  4. This is sure an eye opener. You sure said what I needed to hear Jackie. I too was worried about he weight gain. At 60 I feel pretty fortunate not to have had to go through this...makes my quit just more real and happy I don't smoke anymore.
  5. Nope
  6. So true...it gets better and better. Thanks for the post
  7. Nope
  8. Nope
  9. So true...thanks so much for posting this.
  10. Ricki M replied to cpk's topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    I totally get what you are saying.. I would smoke and be wheezing...I thought who would do this?? Yes, let's leave our poor lungs alone...I'm with you on this. Hugs, Ricki
  11. I think it's almost helpful in a weird way that having trouble breathing and with me it's mostly allergy/sinus stuff that cigarettes don't give you the satisfaction they once did.
  12. Nope
  13. Thank you all for your input and your take on things. For me it was just something I thought would soothe whatever was going on in my life, it could be mental or physical it didn't matter...it was my drug of choice. I'm enjoying my better breathe and nice smelling clothes for sure. I think we all come to what works best for us. since I was a smoker since my teens and have had success on and off over the years I had to have a nicotine replacement. And I struggle with depression and other addictions as well. So this works for me. Just making this the last quit...I don't need to keep going through this anymore. So glad you are all here, it helps so much to have a support system. Hugs, Ricki
  14. That's so funny how the brain works just to get what you want and DONT need....thanks everyone
  15. Nope
  16. When I woke up this morning my sinuses were giving me all kinds of pain. So my first thought I needed some nicotine. That ought to fix it right? Just how crazy my mind works like that will help it. Kind of like putting gas on the fire to put it out.
  17. Nope
  18. NOPE...not for this girl. Way to go Marti
  19. March 7 2015...is the day it all began.
  20. WTG Tiif....staying busy helps me. I can't have to much time on my hand, but I agree maybe try to post on the NOPE board if you can.
  21. Thank you for helping us stay aware of our quit...this is really good information. This would have probably helped me last time I quit but I thought I could do this on my own. Now I know better.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.