Everything posted by FinalAttempt
-
Struggling today
Hey everybody, Hope you're all doing well. Just want to drop in to say I'm still doing great. I've joined a pickleball club about a week ago; between the gym and pickleball, I've been out everyday. The good news is I've not been even thinking about smoking. The bad news is I'm aching everywhere😟! My legs, my arms, my back, especially my knees! I think I keep forgetting that I'm getting old and my body can't keep up with it. Catch you all later. Cheers
-
Quitty
Welcome Nellie! I just joined a few weeks ago and this forum has been great for my quit. Awesome people here with lots of helpful advices. Stay on, stay strong and let's ride this train together.
-
Tuesday 24th March 2026
NOPE
-
Once and for all
Well done @tocevoD
-
Beazel is 9 Years Quit Today!
9 YEARS! that's awesome! Congrats beazel!
-
Monday 16th March 2026
NOPE
-
Hopefully this is it!
That sounds awesome. Unfortunately it wasn't the same for me, I still remember those quits after a long winter, playing the first round with golfing buddies who smoke, I couldn't resist the smell of cigarette and ended relapsing when someone offered me 1. I think maybe I should avoid playing with those who smoke in my first few rounds of golf this spring.
-
Friday 13th March 2026
NOPE today
-
Struggling today
Thank you all for your support and advices. I've got through the urges by watching several videos from Joel Spitzer, it's quite impressive how many videos he has made to help people quit smoking. Today has been a bit better, I went to the gym in the morning and went to lunch with a couple of friends, then came back here to watch more videos. So far so good, just trying to keep myself busy so I don't think about it. Another day of freedom from Nicotine. Thanks again to all
-
Thursday 12th March 2026
NOPE today!
-
Hopefully this is it!
Spring/Summer will definitely be a challenge for me as well. I recall most of my quit usually started as a New Year resolution, and most of my relapses happed on a golf course. Probably because of the deadly combination of fresh air, golfing with buddies, beers and cigars! Golf courses here (Toronto area) will open in about a month, I need to prepare for it.
-
Struggling today
I've been away for a week, visiting my son's family about 300 miles away, just got back yesterday. I thought this quit was going to be a breeze because the first 10 days went by quickly with no problem. I guess because I was with family the whole time, and I was always occupied with all non-smokers doing something; there were various urges but they came and went quickly. My wife went to work early this morning so I found myself home alone with nothing to do, and the urge for a smoke has been lingering all morning. I've tried to keep myself busy by looking for work around the house, cleaning up, organizing, looking for things to fix, etc. but the urge just doesn't go away 😡 I'm going to hang around this forum today and read through the materials, hopefully to keep this quit my actual FinalAttempt!
-
Hopefully this is it!
52 years! Wow! You're an inspiration to me Doreen
-
Sunday 1st march 2026
NOPE!
-
Hopefully this is it!
Thanks Reciprocity, I hope to stick around for a long, long time
-
Hopefully this is it!
Thanks Paul, will do
-
Hopefully this is it!
Good point, I can't find a way to change my handle in my profile, please advise. Thanks.
-
Hopefully this is it!
Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and all the helpful advises. There's a lot of good info to absorb which is a good thing, will help to keep my mind occupied for awhile. I posted my first NOPE pledge today. Will come every day... one day at a time... Thanks again, I'm happy to be here and it's great to meet you all.
-
Saturday 28th February 2026
My first NOPE pledge here. First day of freedom. I will not smoke today.
-
Hopefully this is it!
I just had my last smoke and I decided that I really want to kick this addict once and for all, instead of going out to refill, I jumped into my browser to search and found this forum. I hope by joining and staying on this forum will help me kick this nasty addiction for good. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been a nicotine addict junkie for over 4 decades. I've tried to quit probably a hundred times, and I kept failing one time after another, most attempts lasted 2-6 months, the longest was about a year. I always found something to blame on, like stress, sad, angry, etc. I know they were all just pathetic accuses but I guess that's how it usually goes for relapsed smokers. In the past I would have decided that now is not a good time to quit because I recently lost my job due to company shutdown, it's been stressful as the job market is not very good; furthermore I've been having some marital issues. But I also know that no time is a good time for a junkie, so I decided it's time to break away from all those excuses. Hopefully I can get support, valuable advises and encouragements from all of you here who have been quitting successfully. Thanks for reading.