Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

joe

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by joe

  1. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    13
  2. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    9
  3. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    7
  4. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    5
  5. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3
  6. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1
  7. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  8. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  9. joe replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Another Saterday... This makes the 125th one in a row....lol...(Really Friday, but I'm retired ;) ) No more rain/wind...temps are brisk, but nice for (almost) November... Gonna make a tee time for tomorrow morning... We will get a few kids trick-or-treating here tonight....not many because our houses are too far apart in the neighborhood...(nothing changes..lol), but the granddaughters will be by, so I will get to empty the bowl of candy in thier bags....lol... (At least what ever I don't eat :) ) Oh...and I like beer too... Not so much with candy though.....
  10. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  11. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1 One Won
  12. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1
  13. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1
  14. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  15. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2 How's our Northern Eskimo Babe?
  16. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2.. JoeJoe is good...don't know about Heidi... ;)
  17. First.....good job of climbing back on... Like Bakon, I don't look at you as a new quitter...you have been here before....you were not celebrating every week when you were 10 months in, so for me, I wasn't sure you wanted to be reminded that you have that mountain in front of you to climb again.... I have faith in you Evelyn, and know you can do this....as do most people here...now, .....you just have to DO IT!! And I agree with Janet.... One day at a time....almost 2 years ago, I quit for one day......then the next day I quit for that day....(repeat).....and here I am 24 months later quitting for today. The only real difference now, is "not smoking" comes natural...I don't have to think so much about it...but my guard is forever up! If I would throw this quit away, I would rather someone kick my @ss than congratulate me on "re-quitting" for 2 weeks... The nicotine is out of my system and I am educated about it... Now, for me....no excuses..
  18. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  19. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2
  20. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2
  21. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Zerooooo
  22. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0...
  23. joe replied to bakon's topic in Games
    (Run) Three. ;)
  24. It's a great thing that you didn't smoke, but your still a window licker because you keep smokes around!!!..under lock and key?..why? For that weak moment?.. Sounds to me that you are setting yourself up for failure...get rid of ALL cigarettes!!! There is no need to keep any "emergency" stash around.... All that will do is provide access to smoking in a weak moment....flush them today...just throwing them away will have you digging through the garbage ( nice visual, huh?).... But it's true...flush them down and get rid of that temptation... You don't smoke any more...non smokers don't keep cigarettes around...also, as you noticed, there are times early in the quit that makes you weak...I.E...drinking....you may want to avoid those situations whenever possible until you have retrained your mind....you smoked most of your life, it takes more than a couple weeks to retrain yourself on how you will handle certain situations... I am approaching 2 years, and feel I have a good handle on it, but WILL NOT let my guard down... Quits are thrown away in weak moments.... I smoked over 35 years, and though I'm happy to have a couple years behind me, I still have not attain d my goal...my goal is to quit for today, I will work on tomorrow when it gets here....just 1 day at a time..... And no need to keep any around to "prove?" How strong I am....I am a nicotine addict, not really that strong...at least not strong enough to test it....... Well done staying focused on your quit, but....GET RID OF ALL TEMPTATIONS!
  25. I also think Rick will keep both hands. Lol.... I just think that if he loses a hand, every scene. From here on out that Rick is in will have to be a CG shot.... I understand, that's why they avoided that detail in the beginning... Too much work for a main character. But... They did make a point of making sure we were aware of Ricks injury..... So it could be,but in the comics he lost it a long time ago, so I think it's gonna play into the story in a different way......

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.