Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mona

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Mona

  1. Ukelele
  2. Mona replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Kick Butt
  3. Wool cotton linen
  4. Eager to dance
  5. Mona replied to Pearlie's topic in Games
    Use the elevator
  6. Mona replied to Katgirl's topic in Games
    Delilah
  7. Mona replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Trade
  8. Mona replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Years later
  9. Mona replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Highland is cold
  10. Hi chime, Welcome to QuitTrain. The quitting process takes time regargless of whether or not you use NRT's. Here is my experience: I quit smoking three times. The first was cold turkey. The second was with the patch used for the full 8 weeks with 4 weeks of step 1 (21 mg of nicotine). The third was with the patch for less than 8 weeks (maybe 5 weeks...I don't remember exactly how long) and I only used the step 1 patches for the first few days but used the step 2 patches for at least a couple of weeks. I went through terrible physical withdrawal with the cold turkey quit. I felt bad for a month and then slowly started to feel better. I had virtually no physical withdrawal symptoms with the second quit. With the 21 mg patches, I hardly even craved a cigarette which I found quite unbelievable. I did experience some withdrawal symptoms with the third quit but not too bad. With NRT, I found it much easier to focus on the mental aspects of quitting when I wasn't simultaneously suffering physical withdrawal. When I was done with the patches, I did not have any withdrawal symptoms that I was aware of. With quit #2, I went from Step 3 patches (7 mg) to nothing. With quit #3, I cut some of the Step 3 patches in half, so went from 3.5 mg of nicotine to nothing. I didn't want to take any chances because I used the patches for a shorter period of time and was afraid that I might suffer some withdrawal which I did not want to do. Good luck and best wishes for a successful quit!
  11. Mona replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    High five
  12. Mona replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Stray
  13. Mona replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Licks his wounds
  14. Mona replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Hum a tune
  15. Mona replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Afraid of one's own shadow
  16. Mona replied to Katgirl's topic in Games
    Ian
  17. Mona replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Greek yogurt
  18. Blankets Wool Throw
  19. Mona replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Cry Laugh
  20. That's easy...yawn
  21. Mona replied to Pearlie's topic in Games
    Giraffes love elephants
  22. Mona replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Race horse

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.