October 9, 201510 yr My job offers phone consultations with a doctor. I just had one and described my shortness of breath. He said I should have it checked out. Could be any number of things but of course he couldn't diagnose over the phone. He said though that it doesn't sound like something you'd expect after quitting. OK so now I'm really scared. I'm going to urgent care after work.
October 9, 201510 yr Megan, the doctor does not know what he is talking about. Shortness of breath is common in quitters. Get it checked out, by all means, but don't be scared.
October 9, 201510 yr Don't be scarred when you don't know... it is a waste of time and energy. It could be nothing more than a respiratory infection... that shit is going around right now. Relax.
October 9, 201510 yr worry has never solved a single problem yet the DOG is right....a lot of shit going around right now and of course the doctor is going to tell you to have it checked out. What kind of doctor would he be if he just said "it's ok...there's a lot of shit going around right now, you'll be fine" --haha....that's our job. He has to say come in and get checked. Relax Enjoy your freedom and embrace the journey....all parts of it. :)
October 9, 201510 yr Author All good points you guys. Thanks. Gonna go out for a little walk and try to relax
October 9, 201510 yr The doc said shortness of breath is not a quit symptom. Go slap him for me when you see an actual doctor and get your mind set to rest! What a muppet! There are so many lung changes as they clear, no one could possibly say for sure it wasn't connected. idiots! So anyway, yes be responsible and get it checked and I hope you feel better soon. x
October 9, 201510 yr Author At the clinic now. I am less concerned but hoping an inhaler or something will help
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.