Shark week 2015!

Devil Doll

It is almost here! I have to make my traditional Shark Week cupcakes even though I can't have any of them. :(

I really hope that this year is not another disappointment. More conservation! Less fear mongering!!

• Like 1

Okay, so what is all this shark week?  Is it a bunch of movies about sharks like Jaws etc.?  The original Jaws is awesome, by the way.

You mean jawesome? Lol

funny how shark week is simultaneous with all these shark attacks...I smell a conspiracy!!  the sharks are in on it..I just know it

850B066A-0D17-4A35-9402-14E53740450A_zps
  • Like 1

that's exactly where i'm going in 3 weeks....outer banks....Avon to be exact...where there was not 1, but 2 attacks

AND......

this guy caught a shark there that was over 6 ft long but had to toss it back in because it was below legal size  

:huh:  :wacko:  :blink:

• Like 1

that's exactly where i'm going in 3 weeks....outer banks....Avon to be exact...where there was not 1, but 2 attacks

AND......

this guy caught a shark there that was over 6 ft long but had to toss it back in because it was below legal size  

:huh:  :wacko:  :blink:

Keep out of the water. The reason that there have been "attacks" is because that area is fished often.

That area is beautiful! Have fun.

JAWSOME! lol!!  That's pretty funny.  I'm listening to some Bob Dylan but once this CD is over I'm going to flip through the channels and see what all the hubbub is about.

Babs, stay out of the water. lol

The new shows start at 9. I have them on the dvr because I like to forward through them if they start angering me. 

• Like 2

we used to go there every year....when my kids were little...for at least 10 years....but then we just stopped going when my dad died...haven't been back since 2003....so we are pretty excited.,,,it does stink cause I can spend hours in the water catching waves...but i can honestly say I am afraid this time.  Too many sharks...way too many

One year we took a plane ride and flew over Ocacroake island and you can see like 15 HUGE sharks swimming about 100 feet away from the shore where there were swimmers..the pilot told us they are always there but never bother anyone.  It's different now....ugghhhh

we used to go there every year....when my kids were little...for at least 10 years....but then we just stopped going when my dad died...haven't been back since 2003....so we are pretty excited.,,,it does stink cause I can spend hours in the water catching waves...but i can honestly say I am afraid this time.  Too many sharks...way too many

One year we took a plane ride and flew over Ocacroake island and you can see like 15 HUGE sharks swimming about 100 feet away from the shore where there were swimmers..the pilot told us they are always there but never bother anyone.  It's different now....ugghhhh

They are near us all of the time and we don't even know it because we are not their normal prey. That dynamic changes when idiots... oops I mean fisherman.... bait the water. ;) Then again, every time we enter the water we become a part of the food chain and not necessarily the top. :D

• 1 month later...