Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello...I'm new to the Forum

Featured Replies

  • Author
ty

Welcome!  You're past the worst part of quitting and we'll help you along with the rest.

Hi Paul-It's early Saturday morning and first chance I had to reply to you. (Had to

learn[thanks to member,"action"]) that you hit "quote" to reply to individual member.

I'll learn how to get around. Well, I was so glad to join Quit Train...needed the boost

before I went out for a long day. And it was smoke free !

You and the other members seem into it and very friendly and for real. I had

a non-experience the first weeks I went on another site that was just dead-in-the-water.

I wish them all the best but I need that energy that I promptly felt here.

To me, you are like a guru and a longtimer. I appreciate that you took the time

to look on the introduction forum and reach out to me.

I had 24 replies...now you people are amazing! I plan to give it back soon, when I

get my own house in order, if you will. Before I met you all, I have been using all the tools

I've learned to stay smoke free for 5 weeks, but I was missing that much needed

emotional support you and the others gave me. Thank you, I won't be so wordy, next time. (lol).

They call me Jeffrey, but my actual name is Paul, too.   Best Regards!

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Thank you everyone for your reply and support. You have given me a big boost for today and going forward. I'll have to learn the site and how to do certain things. For now, thank you: Devil Doll,

  • Hi Paul-It's early Saturday morning and first chance I had to reply to you. (Had to learn[thanks to member,"action"]) that you hit "quote" to reply to individual member. I'll learn how to get around

  • Hi Everyone- Wooooowww ! Thanks you I am so grateful and so overwhelmed by all of your kindness and support. I had quits before and been on other sites, but you are all remarkable! Please mark me do

Well, it's great to meet you Jeffrey!

 

You will get great support here, and we are always happy to help :)

 

Congratulations on 5 weeks - you really are doing a great job, 5 weeks is AMAZING!

 

How are you feeling right now? Do you have any questions?

  • Author

Welcome Jeffrey! So glad to have you on board here and congratulations on your quit! :D

Thank you for the welcome...so much appreciated!  

  • Author

What DD said!

Sarah-Thank you for the welcome. So much appreciated !!!

  • Author

hi jeffrey welcome to the train :)

 

yes nicotine is our foe but with knowledge and support and knowing all its little tricks its a foe we can beat

 

read and post here as much as you can, we are all ex smokers with different experiences, the more we know the more we can try to help you and by posting it helps others

 

congratulations on your quit we look forward to sharing this journey with you 

BB-Thank you for the welcome. So much appreciated!

  • Author

Welcome to the QT Jeff  :)

Wiley-Thank you for the welcome. So much appreciated !!!

  • Author

Hi Jeff,

 

Having the right mindset is very helpful to get your quit going!

 

Reading and posting here will help keep your quit going!

 

Once you start, never look back on what you left behind!

 

Best of luck to you!

Hal- Thank you for the welcome and your words. So much appreciated !!!

  • Author

Welcome to the train - it's the best ticket I ever punched - you will get all the support you need here - you just have to ask.

Humbled- Thank you for the welcome, you are so much appreciated for doing this.

Yes, I want to hold onto that ticket in a safe place. That would be right here, with people like you !

Jeff

  • Author

Welcome, Jeffrey!  Knowing that all one cigarette does is set up craving for the next one has helped me!  Not One Puff Ever!!

Nancy- Thanks for your welcome. It is greatly appreciated !!!

Hi Jeffrey!

 

I didn't want to miss welcoming you like all the others have!

 

You have come to a great place for support and fun!  We love being quitters! 

 

I gave up a four year quit, so I know how it feels to have some time under your belt, then to lose it, but look at me now, one year and two months smoke free!  I owe much of my smoking freedom to the wonderful people here on this site. 

 

You already have over a month. You are doing GREAT!!!  Keep up the good work and give back when you're ready.  :)

Welcome Jeffrey!

Congrats on a great decision.

I always joke that Allen Carr saved my life, but it is really pretty much true.  His audible or his books can kinda make the scales fall from one's eyes on this addiction.

We are here for you!  Anything you need, let us know.

:friends:

  • Author

Hi Everyone- Wooooowww ! Thanks you I am so grateful and so overwhelmed by all of

your kindness and support. I had quits before and been on other sites, but you are

all remarkable! Please mark me down as part of the team. I realize that I ultimately am

staying quit for myself first, but in addition, for today, I will not let down people

such as you. I pray I can help out wherever I can, and I will.

I have had a busy Friday and Saturday and that's the first two days  I have

been signed up, here. It's been a healthy, non-smoking busy. I say this because I did

start to thank each one of you individually and I will finish this. You all deserve it.

I know the adage about, giving it away to keep it, but you guys and gals are

so unselfish and unconditional that I want you to know you all play a huge

part already in keeping me a sane non-smoker!  All My Best. Jeffrey Paul

  • Author

No Jeffrey, congratulations on your quit! And welcome to the train :)

 

You've come to the right place for support on your quit smoking journey! Lots of great folks here to offer you support :)

 

And your quit date, it is 8th April, or 4th August?

Just checking in to say hello. Thanks for your help with the not smoking and with your replies.

Hope your day is spiffy and smoke free. Today, for me was quite decent, not too many urges

and I am learning to change them around and realize that the urges are my signs of healing; so

I haven't been fighting them and myself so much. :P

  • Author

Hi and welcome....

Congrats on your quit.....

All the support you need is here....

Read all the newbie stuff....it helps heaps.....

I'm sure the guys will be glad of the help in the chicks and sticks game...l.ol.....they need it.....

Hi Doreen- Thanks for the welcome. I truly appreciate it. Wow you have a lot of

time off the cigs! Congrats :rolleyes: ...You da Bomb !

  • Author

Hi Jeff! Welcome aboard!

Beacon- Thanks for the welcome. I just got here Friday so please allow me to

Congratulate you on your One Year...Wow! Great Job!

  • Author

HI and welcome :) xx

Marti- Thanks so much for the welcome! Much appreciated. I see that you

reached 6 months...that's got to feel good! Congrats to you and I hope we

contact again!   Best Wishes.  Jeffrey

  • Author

 Welcome to our little corner of the world.

 

 

Educate yourself and stay very close to this board at the beginning.

 

As you say, this time it's different. If you're ready it will be and we'll be here for you.

 

 

Thank you. Your welcome post means so much to me!  Jeffrey

  • Author

 

Welcome :)

Frez-Many thanks for your Welcome !!!   Jeffrey

  • Author

Hi Jeffrey and welcome onboard the QT, stay close to the board and read and educate yourself as much as you, the addiction sucks, but becoming smoke free leads to a better and happier life looking forward to sharing your journey xx

Jackie- Thank you, your "welcome" to me is/was a big boost. Hope we

make contact again. I like that you tell it like it is. No nonsense when it

comes to this addiction.  Take care.  Jeffrey

  • Author

Welcome aboard the Quit Train!

:D

 

Congratulations on quitting smoking!!!!!

:D

Holski-Thanks so much for the welcome. I read your two quotes at the

bottom and you have a great sense of humor.  I love to laugh and need

to do more while going through these early days...cause, if you must

know, I'm the Head Nutella !  :wacko:

I have a feeling that you are going to fit in well here!

 

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hi, best decision you will ever make and welcome to the board

  • Author

Hi, best decision you will ever make and welcome to the board

Thank you, Gabby. It means much to me that you posted. I wasn't here for your 2nd

Anniversary. What a major accomplishment. What a big boost it is for me and

others to see that you said, NO, one day at a time for over two years...WOW ! 

Congrats.    Jeffrey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.