Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm craving!!!! Don't want to smoke but it's pulling.

Featured Replies

Okay I'm craving badly, there's many excuses in my head saying why I should light that cigarette but I don't want to, but it's pulling. Like I said many excuses and junkie-thinking, want to take responsibility but f*ck how I feel and so I'm posting an SOS... rather do it then getting too much into my excuses and role over as a f*cking puppy for a fag. I'm pretty pissed and really sad but DO NOT want to end up smoking, like Bakon said keep going. Just need to get it off my chest and receive some support instead of walking downstairs and knock on my drunken neighbors door and beg for a fag. Sorry if I seem angry and upset, I am but there's no good reason I just woke up with a bad hang-over this morning and I can't shake it off.
Trying to kick myself under my ass without saying I'm not allowed to feel bad, just don't need to fix that with cigarettes.
I'll be waiting for replies

Evelyn, you've already made the choice to not smoke or else you'd already been to your drunken neighbor to bum a smoke.  Give yourself your more credit.

 

Life can suck, believe me, I get it.  I realize that you're dealing with a whole lot more than many people but as you know, and your relapses have proven, smoking won't help.

 

Keep writing and venting and this will pass.

Believe me smoking will not help. All it would do is start that vicious circle of smoke, smoke, smoke again.

And I know you are enjoying your smoke-free life. Keep it going! 

Just NOPE for the next miniute, hour, day, whatever it takes. If I can do this Evelyn, so can you. :)

  • Author

Since today my antibiotic (from which I was foggy and confused) has left my system and maybe it's that or it's the fact I feel a whole more emotions and my senses are on high alert but I feel bitchy and can't find distraction in TV and facebook is near dead. I'm so pissed off and upset, crying....I just pray tomorrow will be better...
You're right MQ when I posted the SOS I already decided I did choose not to smoke but I appreciate the support.

I'm 3 weeks quit and today I noticed if I use NRT gum longer then 10 minutes I get a headache (was in the store no place to dump my gum) and I'm on 1o minutes and trying to get to 5 minutes but today I'm SOOOOO agitated, I feel like a freaking tornado!

  • Author

Believe me smoking will not help. All it would do is start that vicious circle of smoke, smoke, smoke again.

And I know you are enjoying your smoke-free life. Keep it going! 

Just NOPE for the next miniute, hour, day, whatever it takes. If I can do this Evelyn, so can you. :)

I do and I almost trapped myself but recognized the junkie-thinking trap.

Good for you for seeing the junkie thinking for what it is - 

You are doing great Evelyn :)

  • Author

Btw I bought an Orchid for my 3 weeks

How nice!  I love orchids :)    And you need to treat yourself along the way. 

  • Author

Sorry I missed your coming aboard SanDar. I try not to focus too much on the quitting / smoking process since I start to crave more when I am focussing a lot on my quit. Welcome

Sweet Evelyn, I'm sorry you're craving so badly today.  Please hold on to your quit, because the craving will pass.  I promise you it will.  What can you do in the meantime to distract yourself?  A walk?  A movie?

  • Author

Well I'm behind internet and facebook, coming here distracts me - encourages me

Evelyn, We are at about the same time in our quit :)

I plan to keep this quit, how about you? No going back for me. I never want to do this again :)

  • Author

I agree but it's a bloody tough craving!

  • Author

Feel like kickboxing or smash somethings 

  • Author

I just need to pull through this hour after that I think it will get easier :) this time 4 PM is drama with me on many occasions I blew my quit

 used to exercise when I craved badly.  Got the aggression out.  Maybe you should try that?

 

So proud of you for posting here first. 

  • Author

Did I mention I hate weekends?  :huh:

  • Author

 used to exercise when I craved badly.  Got the aggression out.  Maybe you should try that?

 

So proud of you for posting here first. 

 

Unfortunatly my asthma is too bad to do a lot of excersising despite the fact  I haven't inhaled smoke for 3 weeks but there's a lot of humidity in the air.  

I sometimes just take a short walk to clear my mind. Being outdoors, breathing fresh air all seems to help. 

Especially now that we can take DEEP breaths :)

Unfortunatly my asthma is too bad to do a lot of excersising despite the fact  I haven't inhaled smoke for 3 weeks but there's a lot of humidity in the air.  

Sorry about the asthma. Maybe just walk around the house and do a few exercises.  Television and facebook and reading here would all be good distractions. 

  • Author

Already did that, I'm glued behind my screen till I'm going to make dinner... seems the safest...

Awesome!  Keep us posted. 

Oh, what's for dinner?  It's breakfast (morning) here, lol

  • Author

Just a sandwich, having it now

I'm taking my grandson to get a haircut today. He's almost 3 years old, so it's always a challenge to get him to sit still  :unsure:

Have a good day Evelyn and keep on going! 

We can both do this :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.