Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3rd hand smoke

Featured Replies

Well in the throws of redecorating the "nico-den".  Man it's all kinds of dire and awful. I think all early quitters ought to come here  or clean a wall and look at what they were putting in their bodies!! I feel so ashamed of what I was. While most of you normal lot were out in the garden or garage I smoked in my kitchen (my mums lounge was basically the attached dining room) and well, it's vile!!

 

My Mum has my nice clean lounge as she can no longer do stairs. Too poorly now but over a week clean and free from cigs which has really helped her breathing and coughing so much! I could not be happier.

 

So I have a dining room as a lounge now, primer is up across both rooms and ceilings are painted. Walls to go.

 

We are almost free of 2nd and 3rd hand smoke here. It makes me smile :)

 

My moods are still a little up and down, however my quit is as secure as it always was. I truly do not want this vile stuff anywhere near me or mine today or ever again. Once upon a time "forever" scared me, now I utterly embrace it, even through the odd craving thought which angers me more than takes me if I'm honest. So different to my Mums week 2 quit.  It all looks very raw and harsh there...my quit is no longer like that.

 

My advice if you're newer or quitting again (I did that a ton of times from July to this March's quit)...hold on!!  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel here!! x

Hey Marti

 

You know that you are a total dude, right?

 

Just to be open...

 

You Quit.

 

SO then quit too.

 

Mum, long term, scared smoker has also quit...

 

What colour you painting?

  • Author

Magnolia kid here :)  Putting aubergine with it so it needs to be light. I still think it's amethyst but apparently it's aubergine :)

 

With Anne Stokes Art and cushions, I adore that stuff :)

Magnolia kid here :)  Putting aubergine with it so it needs to be light. I still think it's amethyst but apparently it's aubergine :)

 

With Anne Stokes Art and cushions, I adore that stuff :)

When it's finished - we want pictures ;)

When it's finished - we want pictures ;)

Yep pictures please !

  • Author

haha, It took me a month to get a picture up. Someone clever will have to do it for me from facebook :)  It will take a few months though, money and time to do it. x

Yay go Marti all the  pieces of the  puzzle starting to slot together happy for you and mum give  her a hug from us and tell her she gets a cyber pat on the back from the forum lol she'll get a kick out of that ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.