Blackbird

Linda

Ok I had a good day, now I'm sitting here in tears. Need to vent!!!  I watch the show million little things. Had it recorded from last night  The show just ended with the song blackbird  by the Beatles. Now it is a long story behind this but when  husband  passed away. When we went to the cemetery it was dark and the reason for that was the service was at the high school that he graduated from it was in the gymnasium that they had named after him. The cemetery was lit with lighting when we got there. Now my husband played guitar and sang. A good friend of ours after the service was done and they were lowering the casket in to the ground she sang blackbird They use to sing that together. It was such a unique service for a very special man. I had not heard that song since then. OMG the memories came flooding back. Probably sounds crazy but doing this was better then smoking. Not the way I planned on ending the day 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

QuitTrain®, a quit smoking support community, was created by former smokers who have a deep desire to help people quit smoking and to help keep those quits intact.  This place should be a safe haven to escape the daily grind and focus on protecting our quits.  We don't believe that there is a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to quitting smoking.  Each of us has our own unique set of circumstances which contributes to how we go about quitting and more importantly, how we keep our quits.

Our Message Board Guidelines

Get in touch

Follow us

Important Information

Guidelines

Please Sign In or Sign Up