Messing with my grandkids on holidays!

TAC

On Easter I used to hide eggs in obvious places, in plain site, in my grandkid's rooms, in their play area and outdoors in plain site. They would wake up Easter morning and complain about there not being any Easter eggs to hunt, I really got a kick out of that.

One year for Christmas, I took all the grand kid's presents out from around the tree and hid them in the trunk (boot) of my car. Then I placed one present back under the tree for each of them and left only those presents there until Christmas morning. On Christmas morning they opened my special presents and each of them got a fresh lump of charcoal. To this day, they remember that Christmas more than any of them LOL

I used to tell stories to my grand kids when they were gathered around and had my wife, daughter and son help me act them out. Some of the ghost stories terrified my grand kids so much that after a few years I couldn't even read them "Twas the night before Christmas" any more. Guess that one backfired on me.

I miss them, but plan to see them with my new wheels here in a few months.

• Like 4

Speaking of garlic ice cream, I remember serving it to the grand kids one time without them knowing what it really was. They didn't complain and asked for more LOL.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

:)

My dad used to tell me stories that always started with:

"This one time, when I was a boxer........"

"This one time when I was a police man......."

"This one time, when I was a cab driver......"

I thought he was larger than life (still do!) he had done everything!!

Then when my kids were old enough to listen, he'd start......

"This one time, when Poppa was a movie star....."

"This one time, when Poppa was a garbage man......"

"This one time, when Poppa owned a candy factory......."

-sigh-

God willing, he'll stay healthy long enough to tell his nutty made up stories to Maverick, his great grandson

:)

• Like 1

One of the best ones that I saw was on holiday.

We met an Irish family. Several generations all together, all come to Cyprus to get some sun.

We were all staying in little apartments around a pool. Next to the pool was a bar with a polo table and some video games.

Sitting there, I was chatting to the Patriarch, Dennis. I commented that the kids all seemed happy and occupied. He explained that they were hunting tokens. There were 6 kids of varying ages and they were all hunting around the pool and gardens looking for 50 cent coins that Grandad had hidden.

I commented that presumably this only worked for an hour...

He winked, and said "the secret is to hide 8 but tell them you have hidden 12, keeps them busy for hours...."

• Like 2

Lol stu great idea ;)

TAC that looks like great fun but nope still will never try garlic icecream^^^^^ no wonder it's free;)

Awh is that your gorgeous granddaughter, beautiful x