Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Granddaughters kept me busy, but I had a GREAT week-end :)

Featured Replies

Actually, the "week-end" started on Wed. at our house.

 

It was my wifes (scheduled) week-end off, coupled with a Monday holiday plus a vacation day or 2, and we were set to watch a few of our granddaughters for a few days.

 

Our oldest daughter (Kelli) and her husband spent the week in Napa Valley (California) with friends, so we watched their (3)  little ones. One of the couples in the group got married there quite a few years ago, and Kelli was part of the wedding party, so a return trip was planned for this year.

 

A weeks worth of wine tours. :drinks:  (Kelli and Troy is the couple on the left)

 

 

13592839_10154333622988270_7851420768149

 

 

 

Sooo...while Mom and Dad were off playing with their friends, we did a fair amount of playing ourselves!

I went and picked up 2 of our other granddaughters (Jenni's girls) and all the girls had a blast playing together. At the end of each day, I took Jenni's girls back home, because I am not sure I am ready for all (5) of them to spend the night with just Nanna keeping order...(I am told I listen less than the little ones. :P )..

  Anyhow, each morning I would gather the girls up and head across the street to my cousins house...they have 2 little boys about the same age...and basically proceeded to have a blast all day until everyone was exhausted and when bed time did roll around, there was no problems going to sleep.

 

I think this was the start of day 2...

 

13532848_1400368733312735_78067306409792

 

My wife stayed home with the littlest one (Audrey...shes 1 yr old) and when Josie would start to have a melt down (nap time)...I would run her back across the street to Sherrie so she could put her down for a nap, while I finished the day with the other kids....

 

Most of the time was spent in the pool....This pic has all 4 girls and the 2 boys in it...usually everyone was too spread out to get a group shot...they dont hold still long. :D

 

13600361_1369120023104821_32264239643207

 

 

Then...when they got tired of swimming, it would time to dry off, grab a few pop-cycles, hop on some of the other toys and continue to tire me out trying to keep track of them.  :blink:  Those batterie cars / tractors move along pretty good..before you know it, they have disappeared again...usually behind a tree or one of the out buildings, but I was always watching out to make sure they didn't take one down the road...lol..

 

13557965_1369966006353556_32467619635816

 

 

All in All, it was a great week-end spent with the (little) granddaughters, capped off with a spectacular fireworks display, that we have the best seats in town for...they set them off in the park right next door to my back yard, so they are literally right over head! Lay down on the hill and enjoy!

 

 I did get a little driving time in the Mustang also...I would put the car seats in the back when I took Jenni's girls home, which gave me about a 20 minute ride home (alone) to enjoy it...

 

and now....things are back to normal...Kelli and Troy is home and picked the girls up this morning, Sherrie is back to work, and me.....well....I need to ease back into this slowly...maybe tomorrow I will answer my phone and schedule something..... for another day.... :rolleyes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.