Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sore throat

Featured Replies

Today is day16, quit still feels strong but I've developed a sore throat and lots of throat clearing today. Is this normal? I'm sure it is but you start thinking, am I coming down with somethings or is this quit linked.

On a side not, I took my first belt in karate class yesterday. 2015, the year I started karate and quit smoking.......now if I could just find the perfect diet.......

Yes all normal it's your cells coming back to life and getting rid of all the nasties, covered up for years it will get better and you will feel amazing :)

 

Congratulations on karate belt, 2015 really kicking a$$

 

No perfect diet just eat everything in moderation and smaller portions ;)

Your on the right path P&P!

 

Your body is still adjusting to the absence of nicotine and the mind of no cig in your hand! 

 

I went on the Sea Food diet, I see food, I eat it!

 

Thumbs up on the Karate for exercise!

As others have said it's a good thing. I know it doesn't feel like it but your body is working overtime to fix things.

Gargle with salt water!!!

I have a sore throat as well.  I'm grateful it won't turn into bronchitis or pneumonia (as sore throats sometimes did when I was a smoker).

And congrats on the belt!  I want to take some sort of martial arts myself...haven't begun research yet.

Keep on kickin' arse

Yes, the throat thing sounds very normal indeed. Just your body doing it's healing thing :)

 

Congrats on your Karate belt :good:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.