Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Drivin' in my car......

Featured Replies

Driving in my car was a tough spot for me on my quit journey.

 

I didn't smoke in my house, but I did smoke in my car so I immediately lit up when I got in the car.

 

I started off with Blow Pops (which worked great), but, I was diagnosed with diabetes 8 months into my quit, so I had to come up with another plan.

 

I love to sing in the car and I remembered that singing while smoking burnt the crap out of my throat so I burned a CD with 3 songs on it - 1. American Pie 2. Stairway To Heaven 3. Bohemian Rhapsody. So I would sing.

 

Honestly, American Pie was normally all it took to get me past any massive craves, but there were the rare occasions I needed to sing longer so I was prepared.

 

**I'm an old lady so these songs may not be relevant to some (any long songs will do)**

 

Having a plan for different situations is very helpful.

 

For newbies and those still struggling - You can do it - You will find strength you never knew you had, so dig deep - stay committed - Smoking Is Not An Option   No Matter What

 

Everyone here understands. Reach out. Talk about how you are doing - even on those bad days. Especially on those bad days!

 

How are you doing?    What are some of your plans that are working for you?

 

KTQ

LOL @beazel, love the image of your rocking out to Bohemian Rhapsody. (Bizmillah No!!)  Driving wasn’t my trigger, but sitting out on my back porch was, still is. One thing I did to break the association was to sniff my butt jar - a nasty old mustard jar that I used to cram full of cigarette ends. It smelled totally foul, even to a smoker’s nose. Anyway, I kept it for about 6 mos and when I would get a strong craving I’d crack it open and take a whiff. Super gross, DIY aversion therapy. But now I’m thinking that serenading the squirrels might be the next thing to try. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.